• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Day 1 Olavsleden - Gudbrandsleden Øst donativo

bokormen91

Time of past OR future Camino
CF, Via Podensis, Baztan, Coastal Portugese, sections on others...
We´re a houseshare with 4 people (in our 40´s and 60´s), in Oslo, and have a small cabin (not insulated, no water - very, very basic) in our garden. We´re a 5min walk from the pilgrimage trail on the Eastern section, about 5m walk from Furuset kirke/church.... The cabin has a (double) sofabed - there are also space for a tent or 2 in the garden (If necessary we can provide a small double tent, with sleep mats and sleepbags/duvet covers/ pillows).
No luxury - , but it would allow a short 1st day, and you´d be welcome to have dinner with us (we tend to eat seasonal, with meat/fish).
What we expect in return? Manners, and the grace to accept that it is not a hotel, it is an offering to make life easier... We would also appreciate if you´d try to have a conversation, but we also understand if you want your own headspace, or if we speak different languages...
We are not always home at the same time, so a couple of days notice will be appreciated, and we will only give out mobile numbers in Private Chat

If you walk the Olav´s trail, or any other: We wish you the best...

Furuset huset....

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
What an invitation! May you be blessed as you bless others with your hospitality.

This is why I love this forum. Me and mrs. Purky are however planning for the Olav´s trail from Sundsvall in Sweden this summer. Depending on how we like it (and I have no doubt we will), we'll probably decide to also walk the Gudbrandsleden from Oslo in 2019. By that time I will certainly remember your hospitality and gladly accept your gracious offer.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you for this wonderful offer, I would love to take you up on it but we will be starting from my walking companion's home in Oslo and walk to Olavsgård on the first day. I hope many others visit you this summer though. Tusen takk!

Back