• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Day 34 - Arrived in Amarante

PilgrimPillar

Rota Vicentina, fisherman’s trail, is sweet...
Time of past OR future Camino
Please come with
suggestions….
Thx….!!
After joining VdlP before Aldenueva de Camino, that concluded the variant through Trujillo….

Now…..I’m days away from Braga on Camino Torres…..

The route marked is similar but will not go coastal….

My longest Camino to date…..Navigating weather systems the biggest challenge…

Immensly green….coloring fantastic🙏🏼
0CCB873F-8323-48C3-BF38-240D3DEE0163.jpeg

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I recognise that map! I wouldn’t have been brave enough to attempt it at this time of year though. Which route will you take from Braga?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I recognise that map! I wouldn’t have been brave enough to attempt it at this time of year though. Which route will you take from Braga?
Haha....thanks Magwood. I saved that map when you posted & refer to it all the time, as my plan is to walk some combined paths (VDLP, Teresiano, Torres, Sanabres?) in 2024!
I reckon many other forum members have too! 😘

From Braga it was one days very nice walk to Ponte de Lime. Arrived at dawn and 🤩 wow….that town. What an epic feeling!

2218F37D-F341-42CE-A0ED-4921DA9A0C14.jpeg

Last edited:
Well…..only “real” challenge was me not opting for gore Tex membran…weather systems has been behind, in front and «over» me. Meaning more water saturation on path….but…..the ever so green and vibrant nature has given such an incredible upside…spring with «a bite» so to say😅
5CE26FD4-57AE-4120-B4CA-957053FB204E.jpeg

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Amarante! So you’ve gone down to the Douro and up again — hope you had good weather for that beautiful stage. Good to hear from you and would love to hear more. Buen camino, Laurie
Double so because of choice to go from
Moimenta da Beira to Armamar the day before as it is more of a mountain Village. Meaning it was especially nice to overlook this gigantic water system from «above» and the dive down to Valdigem on old roman road. (References was Magna Via de Francigena and Francigena de Sud per le Montagne ) Then continue towards the bridge crossing Douro and rest at Peso de Regua.

On research opted variant to pass along Douro as it is immensly beautiful and developed with stretches of embankment walking paths. Climb up again started then to reach Mesáo Frio…
4B9DCC41-DCA7-46CB-9F66-9DDC859A2087.jpeg476F5C0A-2C1C-480E-9237-DC364BAD67A3.jpeg

Last edited:
PilgrimPilar - Beautiful photos. Thank you. I'm hoping to walk the Mozarabe via Trujillo in early March. Any advice on your stages on that variant? From Magacela to Aldeanueva del Camino? Especially the first stage after Magacela? I suppose I could walk a 44 km stage, but I'd rather not.

PilgrimPilar - Beautiful photos. Thank you. I'm hoping to walk the Mozarabe via Trujillo in early March. Any advice on your stages on that variant? From Magacela to Aldeanueva del Camino? Especially the first stage after Magacela? I suppose I could walk a 44 km stage, but I'd rather not.
Sir

Thx for the kind remarks. Love that we are able to inspire oneanother.

Jarilla is a good happy medium. To Hostels with food.

BUT….Plancensia is a veeerry nice town….I regret not staying there

Let’s talk sometime

+4792211339

10C415BD-2DAD-478D-BDA7-14BBA23AE10F.jpeg

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Take a look into this detour - SPECTACULAR outlook!!!

(((And if moderator is not «understanding» of tip the vlog on fb is caminomozarabedecember2022 day twentyone)))

Last edited:
The only thing to consider is national park Monfragüe…..at one point I had 12 eagles above my head!! How to traverse and where to stay with dilligent research? I struck luck and was accepted to use simplistic cabin run by the info center/rangers , but that was out of ordinary practice. (AirBnb was closed.)
9EAA1A36-FE79-4212-B5C5-C75DC95B7AAF.jpeg

The only thing to consider is national park Monfragüe…..at one point I had 12 eagles above my head!! How to traverse and where to stay with dilligent research? I struck luck and was accepted to use simplistic cabin run by the info center/rangers , but that was out of ordinary practice. (AirBnb was closed.)View attachment 142791

What luck you had! And how beautiful!
Where did you stay before Trujillo? On the first stage of the variant?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I've just completed the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria. My first Camino was the Camino Frances from SJPDP in October 2021. I don't have a trip report as such. I know people who trip on mushrooms...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back