• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Day 4 report

Timocracy

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2016
Quick update for people like myself who are worried about it being too busy
Day 1 - stayed in Hunto -half empty 38euro for the night including dinner and breakfast, booked by email using google translate.
Day 2 - Rocevalles - arrived about 4pm stayed on second floor. Still had 3rd floor cellar, another. Building + tents available. 12 euro for bed - 10 euro for dinner.
Day 3 - Zubiri - arrived at 2:45 stayed in a albergue. Filled up completo about 5pm 16euro for bed - 13euro for dinner.
Day 4(now)- Pamplona - used booking.com on arrival at 3pm. Private Room for 2 people 34euro. going to look for dinner now.

No problems so far.. Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
You are about a week in front of us so I'm glad to hear there is room at the Inn :) We fly from Chicago to London today. Visiting family in London for a couple days then Sunday to Biarritz, car to SJPdP where we will start. We have some nights booked ahead already but we are going to wing it for many others, hoping that it is not too crowded. Sounds like we should be good.

Only real concern will be rooms from Sarria to Santiago where the crowd is expected to really thicken.

Buen Camino!

Only real concern will be rooms from Sarria to Santiago where the crowd is expected to really thicken.
My wife and I have had to book a couple of days ahead. We are walking slowly and no longer run the risk of not having a bed available when we arrive. If I were walking by myself I would just be taking my chances. We arrived at Airexe at 3.00 pm today and there were still spaces in the Xunta albergue.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Started on the 1st and no problems in St Jean (5pm), Romcesvalles (6pm), Zubiri (2.30 - full at 4pm) Pamplona (4pm) and didn't get full on a Saturday night! - Albergue de Pamplona.

Fine to in main albergues all the way to Najera.

Looks fine from where I'm standing - only Zubiri seemed to get full and I've got into all my first choices despite turning up between 4-5pm most days.

Great weather too

Well, if you ARE waking all the way to Santiago at this rate it sounds as if it will cost you a small fortune?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back