• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Day by day video of Seville to Salamanca

Time of past OR future Camino
Just as a point of information, I finished posting videos which show the day by day walk along the VDLP from Seville to Salamanca. These are not intended to be entertaining videos or "blogs" of my walk or to convey any particular point of view or experience. They are intended to show you the actual walk. I took each days GoPro video and sped it up by about 10x, took out the rough bits, and added in a Google earth view and a guide view (in this case the Via de la Plata Guide by Gerald Kelly who gave me permission to use the maps). So, you'll see the entire day's walk unless weather or video malfunction occurred. Not a professional, so set your expectations accordingly :) :) :)

Here is the youtube playlist address:

Next late spring, I'll finish the rest from Salamanca to Santiago.

Buen Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Good job! Enjoyed it!
Thanks.
Just go a GoPro.
How did you speed video up ?

did you record fast?
Or set settings to play back fast?

I want to do same for walks in Seville.

want to do it like yours.?

thanks for you sharing Bowden

want to reco

Great job as always, John. 👍👍😁😁

Did you use Walkmeter as your tracking app, again? The Google Maps perspective overview is well done.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'm really enjoying these @John Sikora - trying to find the time to watch them all. I so loved the Via and your video is just a blast.

Nice Videos and extremly helpful for everyone who thinks about doing the VdP with a scooter, al folding-bike or some other strange type of vehicle.

But I simply can not understand, why you skipped the camino from Carcaboso to Hostal Asturias. It was one of the nicest "dehesa"-walks and Arco di Caparra is an absolute highlight.

I'd rather have skipped Galisteo to Carcaboso or Aldeanueva de Camino to Banos de Montemayor.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wasn't totally under my control. I'd agree with skipping the sections you talked about. The main reason that I skipped the Carcaboso to Asturias leg was that it was pouring rain most of the day and I was having a little problem with my 70 year old feet (nothing serious), so I decided that discretion was the better part of valor. At some point, I'd like to go back and fill in the gaps on the VdlP as well as the other walks I have taken where weather, muscles, or equipment prevented me from videoing the day. Thanks for watching and I really appreciate the comments and suggestions.

Thanks John.

I want to film walks in Seville. Pausing at key points of interest.

thanks for the film you made

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Now if we could just use this technology to speed up my own walking... Maybe not 10x the pace, but I wouldn't mind doubling it.

Thanks, much appreciated
Fascinating, John.
I've just watched the Almaden segment, and boy, did it bring back memories. Particularly this one which I posted a long time ago. How hard is the Via de la Plata? (Old timers on this forum will have read it before.)
You are providing a marvelous resource for those at the planning stage.
Incidentally, I couldn't help noticing that you - like me - did not encounter any other pilgrims on the Berrocal section. Or did you edit?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Absolutely excellent work. I'm going to be walking the VdlP over the course of the next year in chunks. Great to see the terrain.

I just watch day 1, Seville - 24 km - Guillena. The same trail I took, 5th Sept. 2016. Start infront of Seville cathedral where the Via de La Plata marked , heading to Simon hotel an so on. By 2 PM the temperature reached 50 degrees Celcius about 400 m before Almaden. Thirsty and dehidrated. Luckly a patrol station had plenty of agua in bottled. I made upto Guillena.
Keep moving and pushed every day up to Plaza Obradoiro in 36 days.
Great experiences and met hundreds good friends from 6 continents.
Thank you so much to recall the start stage.
Regards.

Most read last week in this forum

I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back