• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Daydreaming about sangria and paella

Lyndale

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances Aug(2013), Portuguese (2018) Le Puy (2019)
Some of my fondest food and drink memories of the camino are the many paellas and sangrias I consumed. Upon returning from the Camino, my husband and I talked non stop about our adventure and how it was the best thing we had ever done. Several family members were "interested" but none would commit to the pilgrimage until a niece called in February and said they would like to go and would we go with them. Of course the answer was YES! Then covid happened. We are now planning for the Camino when a vaccine is in use. To keep our dreams and planning alive I've sent them some items from Ivan's store including guidebook, shell, masks,patches,etc. Last night I received pictures of a yummy paella and both red and white sangrias my niece had made.
Anyone have a favorite paella recipe or sangria and to top off the dinner how about a Fool proof Saint James cake recipe.
Lynda

Attachments

• FullSizeR(1).jpg
    FullSizeR(1).jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 40
  • FullSizeR.jpg
    FullSizeR.jpg
    688 KB · Views: 40
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Some of my fondest food and drink memories of the camino are the many paellas and sangrias I consumed. Upon returning from the Camino, my husband and I talked non stop about our adventure and how it was the best thing we had ever done. Several family members were "interested" but none would commit to the pilgrimage until a niece called in February and said they would like to go and would we go with them. Of course the answer was YES! Then covid happened. We are now planning for the Camino when a vaccine is in use. To keep our dreams and planning alive I've sent them some items from Ivan's store including guidebook, shell, masks,patches,etc. Last night I received pictures of a yummy paella and both red and white sangrias my niece had made.
Anyone have a favorite paella recipe or sangria and to top off the dinner how about a Fool proof Saint James cake recipe.
Lynda
Crikey the lady has skills! My one tip for making paella is to start it all off on the stove top and then finish it off in the oven. The all surrounding heat gets everything cooked and not everybody likes those case-hardened burnt bits you can crack a tooth on!

🥘🥘🥘

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My recipe for sangria is simplicity itself. Half chilled red wine and half freshly squeezed orange juice. That's it. When you make it you will see why it is called sangria i.e. "blood".

This recipe comes from my mother who said this was the authentic recipe and the addition of brandy etc is a modern aberration.

I'm right there too. Only had paella twice on my Camino...but Mmm.

Attachments

• Paella.JPG
    Paella.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 10
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Spain 1207_original.JPG
One of my most favorite evenings on the Camino. Two Pilgrims One Heart. :)
At this supper, Miguel and his wife sang a song for us. Then he went around the table and asked each of us to sing a song from our country. It was pure magic. Way outside of my comfort zone and just perfect.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.