• Click to join the Casa Ivar mailing List
    (separate from the forum emails). This includes new videos created on YouTube and new prodcts on the Camino Forum Store. (Click the small "X" on the top right corner to remove this message)

Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Casa Ivar Dear all

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Dear all...

Just a few words from me in Santiago, this time typed up and not in video format.

As I write this, there are about 200 people on the forum search through old threads and creating new ones. (you can see how many are on at any given time here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/ ). These last few months/years (!!) have been difficult since with the pandemic, long term planning has been complicated...and that is really been one of the strong points of the forum. People planning their walk a long time in advance, asking and learning the theory... and then once walking, learning it in real life. I can see we have less users active now, and that is normal since there time between buying the ticket and actually going (I think) has gone down drastically. So less time for planning.

Screenshot 2021-11-18 at 16.09.50.png

The forum has had a core user base over all these months, about 1000-1500 logged in users each day with about 15000 visits (most users are visiting, and never register and participate). This has been very stable during the whole pandemic. Thank you!

download.png

Most users stop by on Saturdays, that is when the weekly email go out.

download (1).png

As for the busiest time of the day? As you can see... breakfast. The chart above shows visits to the forum in the local time of each users (Visit per local time zone). So it seems the forum is a morning ritual for many.

Why am I posting this today?

As the northern hemisphere go into winter.. covid starts sneaking back into the news. Not too bad yet (at least in Spain), but I can see on the horizon difficulties for many to make plans again... especially this winter. I hope you still keep your spirits up and make plans for the spring/summer.

As for the forum, I am looking to do new things and find new areas where I can be helpful. I might start doing some more videos again (not only covid content, I promise!), I have some ideas for adding new functionality to the forum...

If you have any ideas on how I/we can make the forum a better place, please let me know below (or send me a PM).

All the best from Santiago,
Ivar

2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

Robert B.

Past OR future Camino
Camino Madrid - May (2017)
Dear all...

Just a few words from me in Santiago, this time typed up and not in video format.

As I write this, there are about 200 people on the forum search through old threads and creating new ones. (you can see how many are on at any given time here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/ ). These last few months/years (!!) have been difficult since with the pandemic, long term planning has been complicated...and that is really been one of the strong points of the forum. People planning their walk a long time in advance, asking and learning the theory... and then once walking, learning it in real life. I can see we have less users active now, and that is normal since there time between buying the ticket and actually going (I think) has gone down drastically. So less time for planning.

View attachment 113539

The forum has had a core user base over all these months, about 1000-1500 logged in users each day with about 15000 visits (most users are visiting, and never register and participate). This has been very stable during the whole pandemic. Thank you!

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

As for the busiest time of the day? As you can see... breakfast. The chart above shows visits to the forum in the local time of each users (Visit per local time zone). So it seems the forum is a morning ritual for many.

As the northern hemisphere go into winter.. covid starts sneaking back into the news. Not too bad yet (at least in Spain), but I can see on the horizon difficulties for many to make plans again... especially this winter. I hope you still keep your spirits up and make plans for the spring/summer.

As for the forum, I am looking to do new things and find new areas where I can be helpful. I might start doing some more videos again (not only covid content, I promise!), I have some ideas for adding new functionality to the forum...

If you have any ideas on how I/we can make the forum a better place, please let me know below (or send me a PM).

Ivar
Many heartfelt thanks Ivar, for all the work you do!!

Past OR future Camino
06,CF;13,CP;17,SSal;19,Ingles
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
ivar, thank you. I have only scanned this post. I crossed my fingers to not see that it was the end of a beautiful relationship!
Everyone is aware of trouble for people economically as a result of this current blight on our world, no need to name it. If you can keep afloat, you have the assurance of the goodwill of as many people as you have subscribers. Thanks.

Guy Strachan

Alba Guido
Past OR future Camino
Frances ('13/'14), Portugues ('15), Finisterre ('16/'19); Ingles ('17); Sanabres ('18); Invierno '20
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Keep up the good work, amigo!

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Past OR future Camino
Frances in 2016, Portuguese in 2017, and Frances again in 2018. Madrid to Ponferrada 2019.
Hi Ivar,
As others have commented, we are so grateful for the quality of Hosting, inclusive of your energy, time and dedication to the Camino and its pilgrims.

Your videos from Santiago have been much appreciated and many of us I know, look forward to them. Your love for the Camino and us pilgrims comes through in your video presentations.

Thank you for all your service to us and the Camino Community,
Joseph

jazzhorse

Past OR future Camino
I definitely benefitted from this Forum as I planned my 2020-oops-delayed-to-2021 Camino and am sad I wasn't able to meet you in person when I arrived in Santiago. Adding in my thanks for all you do! One suggestion - as a fairly low-tech person, perhaps a brief how-to on the home page could be useful to me and others (how to make a post, send a PM, what's public and what's private, etc)?

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Tusen takk Ivar! This month is the 17 year anniversary of my membership of the Forum. Its been great meeting you, and Maria and your big boy, over the years. Keep safe this winter. It is springtime in the South and I'm looking forward to summer and hopefully another Camino adventure in May. This time av16 day, slower stroll (15km per day) from Oviedo to Lugo then a night in Santiago.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

CaptBuddy

Past OR future Camino
Fall 2012, again Fall 2014.
It now seems like our last Camino was a hundred years ago, and our next one is not yet in sight.
But this forum brings me closer to my beloved Northern Spain every day, and that is fine for now.
I know you did not ask for contribution, but I have upgraded mine, because it is time to do the right thing and help ensure the continuity of this wonderful resource.
Thanks, Ivar, for the things that you do for the community. And thanks to my fellow Peregrinos, new and old, for reaching out in the spirit of the Way to lend a helping hand to all comers.
I, and Beth, are excited to learn that the forum is healthy, and will soon be rejuvenated with more content.

Buen Camino, everyone.
CB

Gearóid

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2014)
Camino Portuguese (2015)
Via de la Plata (2016)
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Thank you sincerely for everything you do ……. Always grateful and very fortunate. G🙏

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

BigT

Past OR future Camino
Frances (2020)
Thanks to you Ivar, and the many generous contributors of advice, older, imperfect physical specimens feel welcome to request, receive, and contribute comments on this forum. If you sent financial contributors gentle reminders, it would assist in our common goal to keep Casa Ivar forums living, thriving, growing for all. Givers could give as often as they are able. Pay it forward. Please consider a section for older and or physically challenged people to share information.
Thank you for what you do and for what you enable us to do.

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Ivar,

Congratulations on and thanks for all your many Forum efforts across the years. I remember with pleasure meeting you in Santiago during easier happier times.

Now more than ever reading posts and replying to them means so much to so many of us as we keep on keeping on.

In the truest sense, Ultreia!
Margaret

Past OR future Camino
Camino Francis SJPP April 2016,
August 2017, May 2018
Camino Portuguese
2019, May Porto, Sept Lisbo
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
SNAP, CRACKLE, POP!
my favourite time to check out the forum messages. A very heartfelt hello. Thankyou Ivar.
Love

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

TaijiPilgrim

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2011), Camino Frances (2015), Camino Ingles (2017), Camino Muxia (2017), LePuy(2019)
Here in the US, we are preparing for the holiday of Thanksgiving. I like to think we should give thanks for something or someone every day. Today, it is thanks, Ivar, for creating such a wonderful resource for all pilgrims.

Past OR future Camino
CF 2016, CP 2017, Jakobsweg Ulm-Constance 2017-2018, Via Jacobi 2018, (Via Gebennensis 2019)
THANK YOU, this is a wonderful place! I found my way here three months before my first Camino and got very reassuring answers to my questions. Recently I seem to be logged in all the time and browsing through pictures and all kinds of discussions serves as a hiding place from the dark time of the year and once more quickly worsening Covid19 situation (in Germany). My very first credential came from the pilgrims' office in SJPdP but since then both my daughter and I have gotten them from you. It felt so special to get that envelope stamped in Santiago! :D

Past OR future Camino
When I was planning my camino in 2018 I came upon the Forum and it has been a gold mine of information on everything camino related. Thank you Ivar for continuing to host it and to all of the contributors of advice, practical information and good humour!
The videos you posted helped satisfy that yearning to be back in Spain, so please continue in some way if possible. When chatting with newbies to the camino on our weekly pilgrim walks, I always suggest they check out the Forum.
Planning has begun for a 2022 camino and I can't wait to get my boots on the ground!

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Past OR future Camino
2019: León to Santiago; 2021: St. Jean to León.
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Thank you, Ivar, I love the Forum. Buen Camino

Past OR future Camino
SJPdP - SdC 2022
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Thanks Ivar for this fantastic resource. Your covid update videos are a must and your interviews with Peregrinos offers great insights into what may greet us in various forms along the way.

WhiteLotus

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances May 2022
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Thank you Ivar for all that you do for everyone here. I don't always sign on but do read the posts from the weekly emails which are a great help for tips and advice. Our 2020 Camino was cancelled due to the shutdown but we are already planning and booking for next Spring. Thank you! 👍🏼😊

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Create your own ad

Ellann

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese Camino 2022
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Ivar I have been following this forum since 2016 when my planning commenced. I am finally booked for May into June 2022, because it just had to happen. Living in Australia we have been forbidden to leave since March 2020, so when the borders reopened a couple of weeks ago I jumped in. Like many I am now feeling a bit nervous as Covid spreads again, but I hold onto hope. I have benefited so much from the weekly and now daily updates, the links to excellent resources, and am so grateful for the efforts of many who contribute, most of all you.

Sandra R

Past OR future Camino
Plan to walk Camino Frances May (2020)
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Thankyou Ivar- as a pilgrim to be ( April ‘22) this forum is a wonderful source of information- practical and philosophical. I am very grateful for all you do, and hope this time my Camino happens ( 2020 didn’t go as planned 😘) thankfully us Aussies are now allowed out 😊🥾

Past OR future Camino
CF 2014 ,2015, 2017, 2019, CP 2016
Thank you Ivar for all you have done and all you continue to do every day, The forum has become a part of my daily life, helping bridge the time between my last Comino until my next. Look forward to meeting you in Santiago again sometime soon.

Suzanne S.

Past OR future Camino
(2015) Camino Frances/Muxia/Fisterre (2017) Caminho Portuguese/Fisterre
(2019) Camino del Norte
Dearest Ivar,

Would it have not been for the forum I would never have had the courage to make my first pilgrimage in 2015. For over a year prior, I scoured the forum for information from backpacks to boots to albergues...and learned so much. It truly gave me the confidence to walk, and I did--from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago to Finisterre. And it changed my life. I have since been back for the Caminho Portuguese and the Camino del Norte. I am planning another from Deltebre to Burgos to Ponferrada to the Invierno. I am biding my time, waiting for that push in 2022 when I know I need to go.

I could not have done any of this without the forum, it's brilliant members and guests, and those brave, competent and kind moderators. My love and great thanks to all of you....

Create your own ad
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Kay Farinazzo

Past OR future Camino
Frances
Thank you for everything you do Ivar, the forum and on line store are much appreciated.
I particularly enjoyed your videos from Santiago. It was a great way to stay up to date with the situation there but also to get to see Santiago as well.
Hoping to get back there in the future.
Kay

StephenT

Past OR future Camino
LePuy to Pamplona 2013/16; on to Burgos
Hola Ivar
Muchas gracias from me too - I echo all of the above comments
I have been a follower here for several years, and I have taken many notes and much useful advice from you and from Forum members
I had planned to start my final etapa from Burgos in May last year....
Perhaps now next May will see a change in circumstances, for the better
Ultreia
Stephen in New Zealand
////

PJThomasJP

Past OR future Camino
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Thank you for everything you do, Ivar. Hopefully, we can drop in next year. Cheers

OTH86

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Thank you, gracias, tusen takk, Ivar for all you do from the big bubble that includes SW Canada & NW US!! Couldn't start the morning without The Forum! It comes before first mug of tea and signing in to other news of the day!
GO COUGS!!

The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.
Past OR future Camino
CF 2014
CP 2016
CdelN, Fin/Muxia 2018
? CF 2022
Thank you very much Ivar for the Forum and all the work you do. We both get a lot of pleasure from the Forum and all the varied threads posted. I (Anne) visit it a number of times during each day!! We both can't wait for our next Caminos in 2022 and hope we can catch up with you again in Santiago. We met you in 2018 at the end of our Camino del Norte when you looked after our luggage for us, thank you.
Very best wishes to you and your family.
Anne and Pat

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Past OR future Camino
CF - sections and whole (2012-2019) and part VF (2017)
Hi Ivar -

Thanks so very much from me too - I echo everyone’s sentiments above.

You’ve kept the Camino alive for us all during these past crazy many months and what a fantastic job you’ve done over many years now and continue to do.

I look forward to reading of the new things you’ve planned and to watching more videos.

Here’s to a bright and wonderful 2022 on the Forum!

Best, best wishes from Oz -

Jenny

Past OR future Camino
Next up 2022?
Ivar, just a heartfelt gracias!
I opened the thread holding my breath - was this going to be bad news?! Most fortunately not.
I echo everyone's sentiments. This is an amazing place you've created.

One thing I will add thanks for that feels really important to mention: in addition to its many virtues, this forum is such a gift for those of us who cannot in good conscience join Facebook. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

walkinglover

Past OR future Camino
Frances, '16 and '18; Portuguese '17; Ingles - 19
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Thank you, Ivar, for this service. I read this chain of questions each morning as part of my daily routine.

Past OR future Camino
A big thanks from me too Ivar. Invaluable forum. Great job from you.
Let’s pray the winter proves us all wrong and brings us some cheer in the Spring. Looking forward to being there then.

BombayBill

Still Learning
Past OR future Camino
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
You’re doing a terrific job. You may not remember but we met in person in early October under the portico while you had a cafe with your family. I couldn’t have got there without all the terrific advise found here. Thanks again.

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Edward Awad

Peregrino Ed
Past OR future Camino
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Thank you so much Ivar for all the work you do. The Forum is my go to source for all things related to the Camino.

Peace and every good

Noud Jacobs

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2021) and Via de la Plata (2022)
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Thank you Ivar for the good work!

Last edited:

Canucks

Past OR future Camino
Camino frances, SJPDP to Santiago (2013), Le Puy to SJPDP (2014), Porto to Santiago (2019)
Thanks for all you do, Ivar. The forum has been a wealth of knowledge when planning our caminos and keeps me thinking about it at all other times.

karidadpoethig

Past OR future Camino
Ingles & part of Norte (2012), Camino Frances (2015), Camino Portuguese Interior (2017)
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
I check the Forum several times a week because of your emails, it’s a wonderful way to keep in the circle. Plan to walk part of the Via Podiensis to visit the Black Madonnas next June. I do wish there was a more feminist route. Not so interested in the matamoros.

Past OR future Camino
Thank you, Ivar. I always love to read your news.
At the moment I am waiting for a new hip scheduled for January. I hope by late Spring/ early Summer I'll be fit to walk again. This time San Sabastian via Oviedo to Santiago. Hope to meet you then. Best wishes & keep safe. Anne

Peaceable Projects Inc.
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Past OR future Camino
"2000" StJPdeP to Hunto
2016 Roncesvalles to Burgos
2019 GR Maspalomas to Gandar
2019 Burgos to Leon
Thank you Ivor, your forum has been such a help in planning my Caminos past and hopefully future.

cathietherese

Catherine Davis
Past OR future Camino
SJPDP - Finistere May/June 2012
Le-Puy-en-Velay to Cahors/ June 2019
Dear all...

Just a few words from me in Santiago, this time typed up and not in video

Dear Ivar,
You offer a true pilgrim encounter to every user, even though you communicate with so many people. Together, yet each belonging in their own unique way.

How precious this is in these fraught times of the paandemic?

My only suggestion is to encourage you to ask for help and support from any/all members who may be in a position to practically contribute to the forum’s operation. (Be it donating funds to help with admin costs, volunteering to help your great team in some way etc.)

Thank you for all you manage.

Wishing you and every user/forum admin hope and belonging as we walk on together.

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Past OR future Camino
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
@ivar said:

Dear all...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ivar : The title of your thread was very disturbing: I thought for a minute that we were going to die, not getting in here anymore. Rest assured that your (our) forum has made you the biggest Camino Rock Star, and that the PO should open a Hall Of Fame with you as the first member.

God jul til deg og dine! (Norw. for Marry Christmas to you and all yours).

Last edited:

joramos

Past OR future Camino
(2021)
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Thank you so much Ivar. Your tireless work to keep all of us (pilgrims and aspiring pilgrims) informed with the latest news about the camino and the forum are immensely helpful, and sincerely appreciated. Stay well. Stay safe. Again, thanks!

pstok

Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Greetings, you do a fantastic job and even though We don’t plan to walk again for a while it is good to know what is happening. Thank you.

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.

kiwi-couple

Past OR future Camino
CF April/May 2019
We would like to add our thanks and appreciation of all you do Ivar. This forum gave us so much help when we were planning and preparing our 2019 Camino Frances and now it is giving us hope for the future. Greetings from New Zealand to you and all of the forum, Marilyn & Jeff.
Kia kaha.

Thanks to you Ivar, and the many generous contributors of advice, older, imperfect physical specimens feel welcome to request, receive, and contribute comments on this forum. If you sent financial contributors gentle reminders, it would assist in our common goal to keep Casa Ivar forums living, thriving, growing for all. Givers could give as often as they are able. Pay it forward. Please consider a section for older and or physically challenged people to share information.
Thank you for what you do and for what you enable us to do.
I too would enjoy a section on here for older walkers, like 70+. Would be helpful for encouragement and overcoming aches and pains and other aging problems. Thank you.

pilgrim7lin

Past OR future Camino
11 compostelas, 14 caminos to date 2015
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Heartfelt thanks to you, Ivar, from an old dyed-in-the-wool pilgrim, who is now no longer able to walk a camino. The forum keeps me close to the spirit of camino, and I am so grateful to you for all you do so generously. Good wishes today and every day.

Past OR future Camino
Have recently learned about the Camino. I am attracted to the spiritual pilgrimage. Looking at 2020.
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
As someone who has a Camino in the future I enjoy all of your information from your lens there in Spain!

CarolR

Past OR future Camino
Walked Conques to Le Puy (2013)
Walked Sarria to Santiago (2018)
Plan SJPDP to Burgos Sept 2020
Ivar I have been following this forum since 2016 when my planning commenced. I am finally booked for May into June 2022, because it just had to happen. Living in Australia we have been forbidden to leave since March 2020, so when the borders reopened a couple of weeks ago I jumped in. Like many I am now feeling a bit nervous as Covid spreads again, but I hold onto hope. I have benefited so much from the weekly and now daily updates, the links to excellent resources, and am so grateful for the efforts of many who contribute, most of all you.
Hi Ellann
I too have been stuck in Sydney with itchy camino feet and as soon as it was announced that we could leave the country I booked flights with plans to walk Porto to Santiago in June 2022 also. Fingers crossed X

Peaceable Projects Inc.
2022 Camino Guides

jascreative

Past OR future Camino
Frances (2011)
Le Puy & parts of Frances (2013)
Aragones & parts of Frances (2015)
Primitivo (2016)
Thank you Ivar for all your work with the forum and also your calm & steady voice during this past year+ with video updates -- Looking forward to hearing about what's ahead -- Ultreia!

Peter-H

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2020)
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Hi Ivar
I wish to add my thanks to all the others for the outstanding job you do in presiding over this forum. It is a gold mine of valuable information and it is extremely well run. With Australia opening up post-covid I am planning to cut-and-paste 2020 into 2022 and start the Camino in April. Muchas gracias amigo, see you in Santiago.
Peter H

Past OR future Camino
Frances, Muxia-Fisterra 2017
Portuguese 2018, Catalan 2019, (Mozarabe-VdlP-Sanabres-Ingles, 2021)
I might not always log on, but I always read the weekly mail out. You provide the lifeline to the one thing that unites us, which is our love of the Camino. I am planning a big one next year - Mozarabe, VdlP, Sanabres and Ingles, to take me on one thousand miles diagonally across Spain. To do this, I will draw on all the Forum resources and personal accounts that you have accumulated. I couldn’t do this without the hard work that you have done to bring it all together under one roof. Let us hope that COVID stays away to allow us to achieve our dreams. I hope to meet you in person next spring.

BonitaHolland

Past OR future Camino
Starting 3rd Sep 2016
I so appreciated this forum when I was walking in September 2016, it made the walk feel safer and more enjoyable knowing that I was walking with a community of pilgrims. I was so delighted to see when I checked recently that the forum was still going….. in these Internet days things change a lot faster and I was worried the forum wouldn’t still be here in the familiar format. I think it works very well so please don’t change it too much ok.
I’m now leading a group of u3a (university of the third age) hopeful pilgrims (we meet once a month) through the planning stages of their individual walks which we hope will happen in 2022….we use this forum to research our various monthly themes. Next month (Dec) our theme is Food and Drink and I’ve arranged for a Spanish teacher to give us a lesson on useful phrases to learn.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Past OR future Camino
06,CF;13,CP;17,SSal;19,Ingles
I must add my thanks to you as well.
Your successful efforts to create a world wide community of like minded pilgrims must be unique in this dsy and age.
You are a Camino Angel to thousands. Just want to make sure you know it.
Kathy, I am prompted to peep in and say: like minded? I doubt that! What I do not doubt is the total wish and desire for everyone to find what they are searching for here on the Forum. In my own family, now reduced by natural process, like minded is not a fact... but home is where they have to let you in, 😁, and that is seemingly well managed on this forum. Thanks not only to Ivar, but to each of the watchful moderators.
No vitriol, plenty of welcome, support and encouragement!

PK Smit

Past OR future Camino
(015)Irun to Santiago
(017)Lisboa to S
2018Caminha to Santiago
(2018) Camino English Ferrol Santiago
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Thank you Ivar for keeping us up to date with the camino

Fred2a

Past OR future Camino
Portuguès oct 2020
Hi Ivar,
This forum has been so precious for my 2021 portuguese camino. Couldn’t find anything close to this. Especially in french.
Thank you to the forum team !

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
: in addition to its many virtues, this forum is such a gift for those of us who cannot in good conscience join Facebook.
Although I am on Facebook and even am Administrador for the Camino del Norte Group for Women, I often recommend this forum as being the best source of Camino information. The FB groups are fine for support, but lack the organization of topics and searchability that makes this forum such a wonderful resource.

Past OR future Camino
Thank you Ivar for keeping us up to date with the camino
Thank you , Ivar. The forum has been so important during these Covid times. I still hope to walk next year and hope to meet you, last year the meeting was not possible due to communication! My dream/plan for 2022 is to fly Malta to San Sebastian ( for old family connections) and the walk via Oviedo ( sample wine!) and on to Santiago. Anne

Create your own ad
Past OR future Camino
all
Dear all...

View attachment 113539

View attachment 113535

View attachment 113536

Ivar
Thanks, Ivar. I admit that I only today signed up as a member, for a four year term. I have been intermittently looking at this site for years and somehow never got around to making a membership donation, despite walking many caminos since 2007. Thank you for all of the work that you do to make this forum happen.

John A Richard

Past OR future Camino
Frances (2017), Portuguese (2019)
Thank you for your level headed and thoughtful videos and for maintaining this forum of like minded pilgrims. I hope to come from Canada to do one more Camino in my 65th year in 2023. I know I can count on your information and that of fellow posters to know if I can visit safely. Merci beaucoup.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

woolypenguin

Happy Wanderer
Past OR future Camino
Pilgrims Way to Canterbury 2017
Camino Ingles 2018
Camino Portuguese 2019
Ivar,
Thank you so much for the Forum and for all your videos during Covid times. I last walked a Camino in 2019, when I was 74yrs, was booked and ready to go in Spring 2020, but then everything stopped! I was hoping to come in 2022, but health considerations may now make it less likely. But I shall be there in spirit!
Please keep up the good work.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Would it have not been for the forum I would never have had the courage to make my first pilgrimage in 2015. For over a year prior, I scoured the forum for information from backpacks to boots to albergues...and learned so much. It truly gave me the confidence to walk, and I did-
This is truly my story, too, and I echo these words.

Thank you, Ivar!
I'm enjoying reading all of the wonderful expressions of appreciation for your continued efforts at keeping this forum alive.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads