• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Dear Camino family

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to walk Camino de Santiago April/May/June 2016.
I'm two days walk from Santiago What a beautiful Journey. Love you all. Any last advice for my stay here in Spain would be greatly appreciated. I'm going back 10 of June and thinking of spending a few days at the end of the world. Buen Camino

Sincerely
NorwegianWalker

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Not so much advice, but a suggestion. I prefer to stay the last night before Santiago in Monte de Gozo, walk into town the next morning, leave my backpack at my pre-booked accommodation and go to the cathedral. It makes for an unhurried arrival and as you can't take your backpack into the cathedral anymore, you will need a place to store it anyway. Alternatively there is a luggage storage close by the cathedral.

I stayed now two times at http://www.hsanmartinpinario.com You have to book their pilgrim rooms (23 Euro with breakfast and own bathroom) either per telephone or be lucky on arrival. You can't book them from their website and they are also much more simple than the pictures on their website.

Buen Camino, SY

Everything that was said above! :)
If you find San Martin Pinario is booked up, you could try Hotel Hortas, rua de Hortas, a few steps away from the Cathedral (and on the way to Finisterre). Very comfortable and reasonably priced (but more expensive than an albergue or a pilgrim's room at San MartinP.)
Buen camino! :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Not so much advice, but a suggestion. I prefer to stay the last night before Santiago in Monte de Gozo, walk into town the next morning, leave my backpack at my pre-booked accommodation and go to the cathedral. It makes for an unhurried arrival and as you can't take your backpack into the cathedral anymore, you will need a place to store it anyway. Alternatively there is a luggage storage close by the cathedral.

I stayed now two times at http://www.hsanmartinpinario.com You have to book their pilgrim rooms (23 Euro with breakfast and own bathroom) either per telephone or be lucky on arrival. You can't book them from their website and they are also much more simple than the pictures on their website.

Buen Camino, SY

I agree that San Martin Pinario is a VERY good stop in Santiago!

Most pilgrim rooms are singles, but there are a few double pilgrim rooms and a few rooms with more beds.

You CAN email your query for pilgrim space to this address >> reservas@sanmartinpinario.eu. As SY notes above do NOT use the on-line booking form which is only for more expensive tourist accommodation.

I have stayed in their simple pilgrim rooms several times and always found them comfortable and most convenient. Added features are the fact that they are open 24/7 so that you can arrive at anytime, the obliging desk staff are multi-lingual, WiFi is free, there are multiple public spaces for casual conversation and the restaurant (open to all) serves a very good 3 course lunch or dinner with wine for a low fee. What more does a tired pilgrim need?

...I stayed now two times at http://www.hsanmartinpinario.com You have to book their pilgrim rooms (23 Euro with breakfast and own bathroom) either per telephone or be lucky on arrival. You can't book them from their website and they are also much more simple than the pictures on their website.

Buen Camino, SY

I have booked the pilgrim rooms at this hotel for July this year via email at reservas@sanmartinpinario.eu. They responded quite promptly. I have also stayed here twice and highly recommend it.

OOOPS! just realized that Margaret already posted this info. Note to self: read to end of thread before responding.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The ingles is a nice walk 5 days easy,or 4 days moderate, or 3 days brutal.

I arrived in Santiago at 9pm last night from Melide, was a bit pissed off at dropping my camera and needed to buy a new one so I just went for it.

We probably passed each other at some stage. Goodluck on your remaining travels.

Buen Camino

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I am with SY on this one; stay close to Santiago on the last night so that you can walk into town in not much of a hurry, be able savor those last Kms, and still have time to make the noon Mass. I did hurried on that last day into Santiago because I did not wanted to miss the noon Mass. I made it on time for the Mass, but almost sprinted through town, got lost leaving Monte De Gozo, and all I remembered from the last Kms into Santiago is almost panicking.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back