A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Death of a British pilgrim in Castro del Rio (Cordoba province)

Raggy

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Mozarabe Almeria (2017)
Cherhill to Canterbury - Pilgrims' Way (2018)
Via Francigena (2019)

alansykes

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Except the Francés
Guardia Civil report that a 66 year-old pilgrim, M.F. from London died on 20th May, in Castro del Rio (Cordoba Province) while on the Camino Mozarabe. An autopsy will be performed in Cordoba. These are all the details that I can find at the moment.
That is very sad. I liked Castro del Río a lot, and there are worse places to die. In a bar near the excellent albergue I asked why there was so much Cervantes memorabilia around, and the barman said it was because he was in prison there for a while, and it's possible that it's where he started writing Don Quixote.

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. Next: Gd St Bernard to Rome
Oh dear. Such sad news.
RIP pilgrim 😓

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances: SJPdP-Burgos, (2015); Burgos-Sarria (2018); Sarria-Santiago (2018).
Frances (2020)
So sorry to read this. Rest in peace, pilgrim. Deepest condolences to your family. 💕

Holly West

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances
Guardia Civil report that a 66 year-old pilgrim, M.F. from London died on 20th May, in Castro del Rio (Cordoba Province) while on the Camino Mozarabe together with three other British pilgrims. An autopsy will be performed in Cordoba. These are all the details that I can find at the moment.
I am so sorry to read this. Thinking of the family.

CaroleH

Camino(s) past & future
VdlP 2006, Portugues 2007;Madrid 2009, Finisterre 2009; Sur and VdlP 2011,2013; Manchego and Madrid 2014; VdlP (parts) 2016; Hospitalero plan 2017.
RIP peregrino. Thinking of his family and walking companions.

Tony Bobcat

Camino(s) past & future
May 2017
Guardia Civil report that a 66 year-old pilgrim, M.F. from London died on 20th May, in Castro del Rio (Cordoba Province) while on the Camino Mozarabe together with three other British pilgrims. An autopsy will be performed in Cordoba. These are all the details that I can find at the moment.
Sorry to hear the news, RIP.

MooBro

Camino(s) past & future
(2016)
To tell the truth, I wouldn't mind dying on the camino. I think it would be a good way to go unless it was violence related

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 154 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 254 24.9%