A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Death of a Danish pilgrim in Casar de Caceres

Camino Badges

Raggy

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Mozarabe Almeria (2017)
Cherhill to Canterbury - Pilgrims' Way (2018)
Via Francigena (2019)

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018

Dennis Ferguson

Camino(s) past & future
May 2016

Pia Valbak Schmidt

Pilgrim, DK, Caminos 2007,09,11,12,13,14.15,16,18
Camino(s) past & future
2007,2009,2011,2012,2013,2014.2015,2016,2018. Hospitalera 2012,2013,2014,2016,2017
Hoy reported on 29/Apr. that a 61 year old Danish pilgrim, Grethe Saver, died overnight at the Albergue in Casar de Caceres.
May she rest in eternal peace. My thoughts also go to the dear ones she left behind at home.
As I remember it says on the memorialstone in the garden of the Albergue i Miraz: "Our steps end, but the camino does not end".

Bob from L.A. !

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
Thinking aloud.......Why is it when I read about a Pilgrim passing while on a camino I always seem to feel a certain sadness for them? Even though I don't know them, have never met them nor know nothing about them.

Rest in Peace Peregrina...

Flem

Camino(s) past & future
2015 - 2019 several caminos (7 differents)
Yes it's very interesting, and I thinking the same.
Is it because we pilgrims feel kind of a family togetherness???
As we all know our strength that we have on the tracks and we giving ourselfs to the caminos we walks.
Even seeing the memorystones on the tracks always gives me to think of my own mortality.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2017
My thought is, we are part of an essentially small community of people who, through the centuries, have committed themselves to a goal. The internal purpose of that goal need not be spoken, but one thing that is true is that we are all connected in our journey, and will forever have this in common. As I write this, I'm reminded of John Donne's poem, "No Man is an Island."

Anna Cameron

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances sept-oct 2018
Thinking aloud.......Why is it when I read about a Pilgrim passing while on a camino I always seem to feel a certain sadness for them? Even though I don't know them, have never met them nor know nothing about them.

Rest in Peace Peregrina...
This is my response, too, tears in my eyes as I read about her death, although I know she was surely following a path she chose. Condolences to her family in Denmark, respect from fellow Pilgrims all around the World. RIP.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.3%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.6%