• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Death of a German pilgrim in Najera

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
Spanish news websites are reporting the death of a 67 year old German pilgrim earlier today in Najera. It seems that the woman became ill while walking and requested medical help from a health centre but sadly could not be revived by the ambulance team who were summoned.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Spanish news websites are reporting the death of a 67 year old German pilgrim earlier today in Najera. It seems that the woman became ill while walking and requested medical help from a health centre but sadly could not be revived by the ambulance team who were summoned.

Eternal rest grant unto her O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace. Amen.

Najera: where everyone is from Najera. RIP. For her family, prayers. For her, sorry I do not know your name: It is ended!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
May she rest in eternal peace, and may her loved ones have the strength for the time coming 🍀

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

It it so sad to hear of a pilgrim death.
You walk the Camino as a personal experience and to pass on to afterlife t not really what you think of.
I find that, in order to respond to a personal thing..I have just done a short course in CPR, run by the red cross in my workplace.
I wonder if a pront response could have helped...
Still is always in the hands of God, and when is time is time. R.i.p. to this peregrina on her last journey

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

We take tomorrow for granted. We often put off a kind act, a broad smile, sign of love, Eidy was the first pilgrim I met on the Camino de Santiago, beaming and energized at 67 years. Six miles into day 1, and filling my water bottle, she greeted me with the traditional “Buen Camino” and a broad smile. She asked if she, her niece and I could walk together. It is hard to say when a pilgrimage starts. She started walking near Munich eight years ago taking two weeks each year. She started after losing her son at 30 years of age. She said - “the Camino brought her peace.” May we never need to seek such peace. On Thursday, we were adjacent bunk mates. In the morning, I left a few items for other pilgrims and to lighten my pack. She thought I forgot them, carried them until Saturday when we met again. I apologized for having her bear my weight. thanked her for her kind act, hugged and left the goods for others. On Sunday morning I directed her to a breakfast place and a promise to “see you later” - a promise I won’t keep, That night, a pilgrim shared that Eidy “fell,” emergency was called, but she died before reaching the hospital. We take tomorrow for granted. We often put off a kind act, a broad smile, sign of love, Today, share kindness, a smile, love.

This is very sad news. Thoughts and prayers...RIP pilgrim.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Hi ,
I am in tears ,and out of the blue ,after reading your words about the pilgrim that died.
I never so emotional , but is near Christmas and I miss my parents more then before.
Those words brings to mind the kindness we receive and how much we need to offer kindness..
I pray for her and her family , may she continue her came in heaven with her son.

Hi ,
I am in tears ,and out of the blue ,after reading your words about the pilgrim that died.
I never so emotional , but is near Christmas and I miss my parents more then before.
Those words brings to mind the kindness we receive and how much we need to offer kindness..
I pray for her and her family , may she continue her came in heaven with her son.
Peace be with you. Our time is in God’s hands. May when our time comes we are fully living

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back