• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Death of a pilgrim from the Philippines

hikingmd_05

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances in 3 stages (2016/2017 & 2019)
CP in 2021
I would like to share this sad news regarding a pilgrim from the Philippines who died while walking the Camino Frances last Thursday, July 22. Let’s include him in our prayers.
Attached is a news item confirming his death. The article also contains links to his articles regarding his Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I saw his nice column about Portomarin. I'm sorry he didn't make it to Santiago, but he sounded happy and very present in that last piece, so I'm glad he must not have suffered for long. I hope his family finds comfort in this seemingly appropriate resting place, on a pilgrimage. Where did he pass away?

€149,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
What a wonderful way and time to go: there must be many of us in our 80's who wouldn't be upset if our time came while on the Camino. RIP brother!
I’m not in my 80’s, (yet), but amen to that Stephen.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Paul! I'm in my 83rd year, and want to walk the Baix Maestrat camino before life ends! Best wishes my young friend! :)
Steve in East Anglia.
I was 83 on Tuesday 20th, and am plotting next Camino for after Easter of next year. The fates being willing of course. Where I come from, feet are often pronounced as "fate" which has given rise to a series of jokes over the years! Methinks I have subconsciously added to it. :)

Samarkand.

I was 83 on Tuesday 20th, and am plotting next Camino for after Easter of next year. The fates being willing of course. Where I come from, feet are often pronounced as "fate" which has given rise to a series of jokes over the years! Methinks I have subconsciously added to it. :)

Samarkand.
If you can tune in to rte lyric fm now your ears, your heart will rejoice!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sad to hear of any one passing on, but this gentleman obviously lived his life to the full; and apt place to go; walk on. Condolences to his family; may they find solace in knowing that he was so active until the end.

I lived four years in Manila (Westin Hotels—Philippine Plaza) and came to know the Filipino people, their music, and smiles from the heart. While I did not know of Buddy Gomez, he represents, as a Peregrino, the spirit of the quintessential Philippine character. That he is also a gifted writer makes his presence the more felt. Rest in power, Buddy. Filipinos, wherever they may be, are joined in thought and prayer with you.

I would like to share this sad news regarding a pilgrim from the Philippines who died while walking the Camino Frances last Thursday, July 22. Let’s include him in our prayers.
Attached is a news item confirming his death. The article also contains links to his articles regarding his Camino.

Very sad news but it's nice to be introduced to Buddy Gomez and draw inspiration from his life and last words. Thanks for sharing. RIP pilgrim.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Did he make it to Palas de Rei?
"He started his camino in the town of Sarria in Galicia in northwestern Spain on July 18 (a Sunday). He was physically alone in his last journey but spiritually accompanied by the prayers and well wishes of family, friends and all the peregrinos who preceded him.

"In the morning of Friday (July 23), he was found by workers in the room of the hostel where he was staying. A report from the local civil authorities said that he died in his sleep in the afternoon of Thursday (July 22).

"At the time of his death, he had already covered 75 kilometers of his 115-kilometer journey. And he was less than 40 kilometers away from Santiago de Compostela. On Wednesday evening, a very tiring day by his own admission, he emailed family about his first real sit-down dinner in three days. It would be his last dinner. One of his last messages to family was: ‘I will certainly try to keep going. I just woke up and I will be on the road again in an hour. Rising with the dawn.’ Approximately 12 hours later, after reaching his hotel in Arzua, he passed away.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.