Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

Death of a pilgrim

sharondb

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2010, Camino Frances 2011, Camino Madrid 2014
I don't know if I am posting this in the right area but hope the moderator will move if necessary. Our fellow pilgrim and dear friend, Peter Catlow, passed away last week. He has walked camino France's twice with us and has also walked via de la plata, parts of walks in France and was walking on the camino Norte last year when he became ill. He made many friends from around the world on his walks and kept in touch with them til the end. He will be sadly missed. Beun camino Peter

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
An Asturian legend says that when a pilgrim dies they become a star in the Milky Way and watch over pilgrims walking to Santiago.

Perhaps you could share this lovely poem with Peter's family.

Attachments

• Ultreya Santiago .doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 122

sunny2011

Past OR future Camino
2011 Camino Frances -2013 Camino Pimitivo
Hello my name is Betty, the last days I was looking to hear something from Peter! Peter and I were on the Camino Frances in 2011, it was my first camino. He said every time slowly going Betty slowly! I am very sad to hear this news! I will miss you my friend so much!

This year I'll go on the Camino Primitivo, every time you are in my heart and by my side on the way.

Your Betty

A thought-provoking Camino memoir. This day-by-day account will inspire you.
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

pigsrus@fsmail.net

Past OR future Camino
Thankyou all for your kind words for my Dad..looking at the posts on here he was very well thought of and will be missed by all who knew him x
His funeral will be Wednesday 30th January @11.00
Best wishes to you all.
Hannah x

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg