A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Decathlon at Burgos

Vaughan Bell

Camino(s) past & future
May - June 2018
Hi,

Based in Borgus for 2 nights to rest a crook back and left hip before re-commencing the Camino. Whilst there, I noted that I need warmer clothing for the remaining stages which are higher up. I’ve been informed there is a Decathlon store at the Hipercor out of town a bit and can be reached by a “free bus” (really??) from the theatre (Teatro Principal) to the Hipercor every 30 mins.

If that is correct, is there a certain bus number I need to be aware of? Don’t want to end up going on the wrong bus. Was at the theatre location today and I couldn’t find any such information (Spanish or English) on that bus service or even on their web page. Is it the bus stop directly in front (entrance) of Teatro Principal by the El Cid monument OR off the side street.

Lastly, how long is the trip to the Hipercor and where to get off...wouldn’t want to miss it and end up miles away! Is the free service BOTH directions?

tillyjones

Camino(s) past & future
Frances June 2015
VDLP May 2017
del Norte Sept 2018
I went there. I feel like I may have taken a taxi and then took a bus back. Unless I'm confusing cities, the bus took off from just outside the MacDonalds which is just across the parking lot.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018
I've taken that bus a couple of times. I believe that you it is marked Hipercor or El Corte Inglés, and yes, it's free in both directions.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018
I went there. I feel like I may have taken a taxi and then took a bus back. Unless I'm confusing cities, the bus took off from just outside the MacDonalds which is just across the parking lot.
That is correct. The bus leaving the shopping center picks you up by the McDonalds. In fact that is where it drops you off too.

MichaelC

Camino(s) past & future
Aug 2017: Le Puy to Santiago
Nov 2018: Kumano Kodo (partial)
Jul 2019: San Miniato to Bolsena
There was a free bus? I ended up walking both ways. It’s not the most pleasant route.

Aysen Mustafa

Camino(s) past & future
I plan on walking the Camino April 2018.
I need some silicone ear plugs, would they sell them or perhaps a pharmacy?

he.panpub

Camino(s) past & future
2018 Sagrès Santiago17 Camino Torrès, C Primitivo; 16 C Portugues ;15 CFrancès; 14 Via Podensis
Hi, there is Hypercor on the bus. It's free. I took it to go Decathlon.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 37 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 132 15.5%
  • May

Votes: 204 24.0%