• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Decathlon coming to Australia in September 2017

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2015)
Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (2019)
It is not intended to be an ad, but I was very happy to see that Decathlon will open its first Aussie store in Sydney, September this year!

http://www.decathlon.com.au/

I walked 2 caminos with mostly Decathlon gear bought overseas and think it's pretty good value for money... You may also have seen a lot of pilgrims with the "Quechua" backpacks on the trail!

It's always good to have more options to look for gear :)

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I wish that they would come to the US. Their prices are so good on their store brands.
They were here used to shop at one in Boston but they closed all their stores in 2006. I miss them

Great news, I have a fleece jacket that's at least 12 years old and still looks new.

They ARE coming to the US. The first stores will be in California. I learned this during a Google search while on my recent Camino Portuguese.

I did not pay attention to a timeline though.

I hope this helps.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Decathlon may be in a kind of global expansion. There is now a huge one near the National University, in Mexico city. Gone there, browsed it; not so well stocked with trekking stuff as in France or Spain (I suppose they "customize" its offer according to the market) but anyway, I found some interesting pieces of equipment.

They ARE coming to the US. The first stores will be in California. I learned this during a Google search while on my recent Camino Portuguese.

I did not pay attention to a timeline though.

I hope this helps.
According to their website they will start shipping online orders to California soon. Which seems weird. If they can ship to California, why not any other states?
There's no mention of any retail stores.

https://www2.decathlon.com/password

Dig deeper, I know what I read.

The only other possibility is that Mr. Trump scared them off with his talk about import tariffs. After all, everything Decathlon sells is sourced outside the US. Just sayin...NOT being political.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wish they were in the US when I started doing the camino, every time I went to Spain ended up coming back with a whole suitcase full of decathlon clothing

I've visited it four times since it opened! :D I <3 Decathlon!!!

Last year I used the Decathlon brand 50 litre pack for the Norte/Primitivo then onto Finisterre and Muxia and it was great!! Picked it up over there for 40 euro. Total bargain! Was also able to take it carry on when flying, provided not filled to capacity. For a few days I had to carry a friends gear so had about 15 kilos worth of gear in there - at which point harness became a bit uncomfortable.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.