• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Decathlon stores, Santiago - A Coruna

See You Soon

Time of past OR future Camino
Ingles 2017
Curious if anyone has visited the Decathon stores in Santiago or A Coruna, or anywhere near there. Wondering if they are large stores, and if one/both have sleeping bags.

Thanks in advance

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Curious if anyone has visited the Decathon stores in Santiago or A Coruna, or anywhere near there. Wondering if they are large stores, and if one/both have sleeping bags.

Thanks in advance

The one I visited while roaming around Madrid was not particulary large, but had a smattering of most categories of outdoor gear. It did have sleeping bags.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Both Santiago and A Coruña have large stores on the outskirts of the city. They also both have smaller Decathlon City stores, where you can probably find sleeping bags. The smaller stores have backpacks, some shoes, quick dry towels, etc. I wasn't looking for sleeping bags though when I was in them.

2F41A64C-D113-42F1-BD4C-2F613423E56D.jpeg Decathalon is my favourite store and we don’t have any in Australia. Are you seriously asking me if I missed visiting the one in Santiago?!! Not only did I visit it but I walked there and back from the centre of town. :p:p:p It’s so big I was considering moving in for a few nights because I doubt anyone would notice me and there were some nice little tents already set up. ;)
E1F87EF8-7F3B-4B36-8E00-845C948AC791.jpeg 675E42CA-315E-4427-BF9D-A39C5D0C634F.jpeg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
As others have confirmed, the one in Santiago is large. I actually walked there from the center although the most direct route is not too scenic - you follow the Inglés going backwards and then it is pretty much straight.

Thanks in advance
I visited the store in Estella and it was quite adequate. I bought a good size day pack and they had a large selection. I didn't look specifically for sleeping bags, but it was big enough and right on the Camino so I will bet they had some.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
In A Coruna there was a Decathlon City (on Rua Real), which had a smaller selection than their bigger stores. I was able to get hiking poles at the shop and they did have some sleeping bags. There is a larger Decathlon outside the city but it was not easy to access via the bus.

I went to the one in Oviedo and it was large. A cross between REI and Walmart in terms of appearance and quality. Some things were very good quality and others are low. But they certainly have sleeping bags. Didn't look at them so I don't know what they have for a selection. From looking at their website they seem to stock the same things at all their stores.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
View attachment 36695 Decathalon is my favourite store and we don’t have any in Australia. Are you seriously asking me if I missed visiting the one in Santiago?!! Not only did I visit it but I walked there and back from the centre of town. :p:p:p It’s so big I was considering moving in for a few nights because I doubt anyone would notice me and there were some nice little tents already set up. ;)
View attachment 36696 View attachment 36697
Heda, not sure you know but Decathlon is opening in Sydney soon and they do have an online store.

Heda, not sure you know but Decathalon is opening in Sydney soon and they do have an online store.
Yay! Seriously? That is great news especially as the online shop doesn’t have much. I tried to buy some swimmers a few months ago but there was a very small range and they all looked like last years unsold stock.
Thank you.

Does anyone know if the Decathlon City in Santiago has wooden hiking poles? This store is close to the train station where I will be at the end of this month.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.