• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

December Camino from Porto to Bilbao

Fanguellos

Time of past OR future Camino
March/April 2013
I have now booked my tickets and The Camino Portuguese is waiting for me...and vise versa!
I'll start in Porto on December 10th and expect to arrive in Santiago around the 20th - which I consider realistic...(I am trained and fit)....
Could anyone recommend MUST-STAY alburgues on this route?? I know it is all about personal experience, but I might nick a good tip for free ;)
It will be my second Camino in the calendar year 2013 - and I am already SO excited!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Fanguellos,

How lucky you are to make two caminos in the same year!

I can heartily recommend the municipal albergues on the route in Galicia at O Porrino, Redondela, Pontevedra, Caldas de Reis and Padron. All are new and well equipped with great showers, pilgrim kitchens and welcome HEAT in winter.
As you plan to do I walked this stretch in early December 2011; one plus was that
most had been charmingly decorated for the holidays.

Bom Caminho,

Margaret Meredith

I can't better Margaret's comments!
However if you want to read my Diary of this trip, it's in .doc format and on my web page. Porto to SdC is a beautiful camino .... I envy you!
Bom caminho!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back