Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

COVID December on the Via de la Plata

Past OR future Camino
SJPD-Burgos 2012/13 …. suspended the VdlP in Fuente de Cantos 3/20
I'm hoping to squeeze in a week in the Via de la Plata before Christmas, from Fuente de Cantos (where I'd got to just as the first lockdown began) northwards. Is anyone else planning to be on the Vdlp in December or have experience of what it's like in December?
Best
Peter

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.

Larry OHeron

Past OR future Camino
Via De La Plata
I'm hoping to squeeze in a week in the Via de la Plata before Christmas, from Fuente de Cantos (where I'd got to just as the first lockdown began) northwards. Is anyone else planning to be on the Vdlp in December or have experience of what it's like in December?
Best
Peter
Can't answer your specific questions, but I can tell you that merida is a beautiful city when you get there.

Yoah

Past OR future Camino
Frances (Winter 2022)
Hi Peter,

Cold and lonely.
You'll meet very few fellow pilgrims, and encounter freezing temperatures after dark.

I walked from Fuente de Cantos to Zafra today and started the VdlP on December 3rd. What @Xali1970 says roughly echoes my experience.

While I've yet to meet another pilgrim, the weather has been good so far. Mornings and evenings are chilly (lowest temps so far about 3-4 degrees) but it warms up over the course of the day (highest temps about 22 degrees centigrade), especially when the sun's out. So not quite freezing yet, but I'm sure we'll get there, moving north and further into December.

Buen camino!

Last edited:
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances