• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Decision made: Camino Portugues

MarcelWals

Walking a Camino = a way of living...
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances,Portugues,Finisterre-Muxia,Ingles,Primitiv
Finally.....I made my decision for my 2nd Camino. It will be the Portugues one! Unfortunally I need some patience till April 2018. But already excited!
But now my second dilemma. Will it be the coast or central one? For this one I can get some help from you ;)

Just give me YOUR reason why I should walk the route you recommend me.

Maybe it will help if I tell you I walked the CF as my debut Camino. Loved it!

So please help me to get me over the line with your personal favourite. For sure it will help me.

Thank you all for your time!

Marcel

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Well Marcel, Buen Camino!
I will be walking the Portugues beginning August 10 (or thereabouts) from Lisbon. I got the Brierley Guide, and downloaded a few of the resources from wonderful threads here, and have been mapping out a combination of Central/Coastal/Variante Espiritual with a side to Fatima.
Whew!
The Portuguese has so many ways you can find your own, or follow the central trail, or go rogue and blaze a trail! You have more than enough time to read all the wonderful information other pilgrims have left here for us to discover. As I read a thread about a certain Albergue or Rural Casa I note it in my Brierley. I really don't want to miss the Monastery at Herbon, so I have marked my route that way. You will find your own.
Read and plan and dream and then DO!
I'll get all the spider webs out of your way by going first.
Coleen

Hahaha. Deal! I agree this is a perfect spot for all info. It helped me with the CF. Nice route you're planning. You are right,so many options to follow. Sometimes just let go and start walking. I will follow you anyway. Thnx for the advice.

Marcel

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
My advice. If you choose the coastal route, be ready for plan B. The coastal way is lovely when the weather is fine, but can be almoast impossible to walk when strong wind is blowing from the sea.
Bom Caminho

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I just wandered along the Way as the spirit moved me. Up the Tejo river valley from Lisbon towards Porto, a side trip to Fatima, and further out, to Nazare, where the mountains move. From Porto out to the coast.
I loved the Coastal route. Long boardwalks thru the dunes.
Then an emergency. I'm sitting in Brighton, England, awaiting my return flight to Santiago on the 22nd. I'll train down to Vigo and set off again to complete the journey.
It's all good mate.
Bom Caminho,
Regards,
Gerard

Finally.....I made my decision for my 2nd Camino. It will be the Portugues one! Unfortunally I need some patience till April 2018. But already excited!
But now my second dilemma. Will it be the coast or central one? For this one I can get some help from you ;)

Just give me YOUR reason why I should walk the route you recommend me.

Maybe it will help if I tell you I walked the CF as my debut Camino. Loved it!

So please help me to get me over the line with your personal favourite. For sure it will help me.

Thank you all for your time!

Marcel
Bom Camino! By this time you're already walking. On many days we found the central route to be quite heavy with traffic. Too many busy roads. Can't speak for the coastal route though.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back