• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Decisions, decisions…

bluemugredmug

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2019
Hello wonderful people!

Writing for some advice. I have 2 weeks off…
Had initially planned on going wild camping for a week in Norway, but recently feeling like I should do my second camino (Camino Primitivo).
Need some advice. Is it worth doing a week of each? Or should I just embrace the full two weeks of Camino life?

Im up at 02:30 and can’t make up my mind.

Thank you

Ix

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If I was in your position I would do 2 weeks on a Camino.
Heat don't bother me, too. Walked in 38° C in 2019 between Puente de la Reina and Los Arcos. Not the most pleasant walk but doable and very quiet on the last 15km ;)

Heat don't bother me, too. Walked in 38° C in 2019 between Puente de la Reina and Los Arcos. Not the most pleasant walk but doable and very quiet on the last 15km ;)
Thank you!!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The idea of walking in 38C is a horror show for me. But we all have our own preferences and likes. I would take walking in -3C any day over +38C! But I do agree walk one camino for sure for the two weeks. Given our temperature preferences I doubt we will be crossing paths on the camino any time soon!!! But who knows???:)

The idea of walking in 38C is a horror show for me. But we all have our own preferences and likes. I would take walking in -3C any day over +38C! But I do agree walk one camino for sure for the two weeks. Given our temperature preferences I doubt we will be crossing paths on the camino any time soon!!! But who knows???:)
That's a good one!
Maybe I have to overthink my preferences. After my heart-attack 11 weeks ago, I started to sweat a lot more than before in workout. And I mean a lot!

The sports / training in rehab was torture because of this, only the water-gymnastics did well :D.

As far as I can foresee it, I will walk the CP in fall. Less temperature, more pilgrims and maybe more flights to choose from.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
That's a good one!
Maybe I have to overthink my preferences. After my heart-attack 11 weeks ago, I started to sweat a lot more than before in workout. And I mean a lot!

The sports / training in rehab was torture because of this, only the water-gymnastics did well :D.

As far as I can foresee it, I will walk the CP in fall. Less temperature, more pilgrims and maybe more flights to choose from.
I hope you get back really soon to the peak of health. Now the earliest I walk is starting out about Oct 20. This year I will start (weather permitting) in Somport on the Aragones. Haven't figured out what I will do after it joins with the CF. I will stay on the CF most probably until Logrono. Last year I walked the VDLP and started about October 18th thinking it would be ok from Sevilla. It was still over 30+ every day until almost the end of the month. It is a completely different vibe walking later in the year. The deeper in the year you go the more different the feel. But still wonderful.

Another option: walk St Olav’s Way. You can combine your camping with pilgrimage walking and the temperature may be easier to deal with.

Hello wonderful people!

Writing for some advice. I have 2 weeks off…
Had initially planned on going wild camping for a week in Norway, but recently feeling like I should do my second camino (Camino Primitivo).
Need some advice. Is it worth doing a week of each? Or should I just embrace the full two weeks of Camino life?

Im up at 02:30 and can’t make up my mind.

Thank you

Ix
I asked the same question a few months ago. I had planned to walk 15 days on the Frances route or I could do the Primitivo. I waffled several times and then a wise pilgrim on this site said to follow my heart. So I did, I canceled all my reservations, bus tickets and set off for the Primitivo last March 27, 2022. It was the best decision. I walked with amazing people and finished with them in Santiago. We had a parting dinner and are still in contact. I would have hated to have to leave early after having met some great people.......Follow your heart.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-