• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Del Bosque, new ambassador to honor the Camino de Santiago

clearskiescamino

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many to mention...
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Heh heh. It also coincides with Prince Felipe (the only other person in the role) becoming king. Maybe they think Don Felipe won't have sufficient time for the role into the future. Del Bosque on the other hand could find himself with lots of time, bless him. :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Heh heh. It also coincides with Prince Felipe (the only other person in the role) becoming king. Maybe they think Don Felipe won't have sufficient time for the role into the future. Del Bosque on the other hand could find himself with lots of time, bless him. :)

He should bring the Spanish squad with him :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Mendi, I was in Bilbao the weekend before last. Maybe I should let you know next time I am there? BTW the only Basque words I know are Pacheran and Agur :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I still remembered seeing a picture back in the mid- 90's of Prince Felipe (soon to be King Felipe VI) walking the Camino de Santiago near Santo Domingo de la Calzada. Well, some things have changed because back in Medieval times the Church would have just handed over the Compostela to the King... ;)

Last edited:
I'm sorry that Bosque now has plenty of time to devout to his Ambassadorial role. Spain loves it's football and for anyone walking to experience the excitement around when they play is an extra Camino experience. It is a pity that those walking will not get the chance to experience this. But hey, I suppose someone else has to have a chance of winning for a change. commiserations to all our Spanish forum members.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Well England may well be joining Spain and Australia tonight. If so this will undoubtedly reduce the GDP growth during the remainder of the World Cup. :rolleyes:

Ohhhhh Spain! I have seen england a few times over the years at various grounds but I'm gutted about Spain going out !!!!! They are my adopted team, not going to throw my support behind England now, but if I had to chose will go for Holland, met many great dutch people on the Camino so come on you Oranges!!!!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I hope he does bring the team, or any of those soccer teams.
Have any of you seen those guys?. Mercy.
Total Hotties.
I had no idea that watching the World Cup would be so....inspirational.

I would have to swoon like the Southern Belle that I am to be assisted by one of the Adonis.

As an aside, all of my kids play soccer and we are going all the way to Cary, NC next week to see the LA Galaxy play there. Robbie Keene AND Landon Donovan are both slated to play. If only Becks were still playing.....

One of these days I will understand 'off sides'.

I'm sorry that Bosque now has plenty of time to devout to his Ambassadorial role. Spain loves it's football and for anyone walking to experience the excitement around when they play is an extra Camino experience. It is a pity that those walking will not get the chance to experience this. But hey, I suppose someone else has to have a chance of winning for a change. commiserations to all our Spanish forum members.
True, Al, but it's quite inspiring seeing how they accept losing. No-one is blaming anyone else. They show their disappointment, pretending nothing and the country thanks them for the good times which they gave us in past years.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
[QUOTE="Al the optimist, post: I'm sorry that Bosque now has plenty of time to devout to his Ambassadorial role. Spain loves it's football and for anyone walking to experience the excitement around when they play is an extra Camino experience. It is a pity that those walking will not get the chance to experience this. But hey, I suppose someone else has to have a chance of winning for a change. commiserations to all our Spanish forum members]".

Thank you Optimist for your commiserations.
After that, I'm going to follow Portugal (C. Portugués) and France (C. Francés) :) Today Portugal- Ghana

King Felipe VI ? So, you don't translate the name.

In Spanish, we always translate the names of kings and family : reina Isabel and príncipe Carlos (England), príncipe Alberto (Mónaco), etc.

Now Suarez has been banned for 9 games and has time to spare maybe Vicente del Bosque will invite him over to try the local cuisine.
After all Suarez has just demonstrated such an appetite for football I am sure he would love to sink his teeth into Galician food!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back