• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Del Norte in November

Gwaihir

Time of past OR future Camino
2019: Nijmegen-Fisterra
2022: Trans-European Trail
I'm sure this question has been posted before, I wish I could search but with between the terrible connectivity and data limit, I thought I'd ask.

It looks like my pilgrimage might take me longer than expected. I'm a slow walker (although improving every week!) and I doubt I can get to Santiago on the end of October like I envisioned.

How impossible is it to walk del Norte in November? Are some campings or refugios open, and will a pelgrim weather the weather? My sleeping bag is not excellent.

Otherwise I guess I should hurry up and try to make it in time (I'm in Rocroi now) which should be doable, but I'd like to take zero days from time to time and see some countryside.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm sure this question has been posted before, I wish I could search but with between the terrible connectivity and data limit, I thought I'd ask.

It looks like my pilgrimage might take me longer than expected. I'm a slow walker (although improving every week!) and I doubt I can get to Santiago on the end of October like I envisioned.

How impossible is it to walk del Norte in November? Are some campings or refugios open, and will a pelgrim weather the weather? My sleeping bag is not excellent.

Otherwise I guess I should hurry up and try to make it in time (I'm in Rocroi now) which should be doable, but I'd like to take zero days from time to time and see some countryside.
I didn’t get to Santiago till Nov 10, slow walker as well. There were enough albergues open, although I was often alone in them. When I am back home in a few days I will post the towns and albergues I stayed in the last week or two. The weather was wet and cool, my umbrella, beanie and waterproof gloves were used a lot the last 2 weeks.

I walked the Norte 2 years and finished about November 1st. The last few weeks there were definitely albergues closing. So I would assume more would be closing as time went by. I would recommend that when you get to Irun or San Sebastian get a monthly calling plan if your cell phone service does not cover Spain. you can get good and cheap plans from Orange or Vodefone. I use Orange, which I think was either 20 or 25 euros for a month. It has less minutes than Vodefone but alot more data. Wanted that so I could call my wife and kids on Whatsapp. As you know you never know what your wifi situation will be. Then you can call ahead to see what albergues will be open or closed. The extra data will also come in handy because you should check out Gronze.com that has great info on the daily stages and information and reviews of lots of albergues. If you open it in Google Chrome it will translate the site to English. The translations are pretty good. I would also recommend that you download either the Buen Camino or Wise Pilgrim app. I heard that Buen Camino is now free and Wise Pilgrim (Wisely) is about $5.00US. They both have GPS and will have even more sleeping choices. No one source has a complete list so especially when you are walking the more choices the better. Finally I would tell you that both Gronze or the apps give you the dates if when and if the albergue is open or closed for the season. I would still call to make sure an albergue is open. Especially if you are walking closer to Christmas. Nothing is 100% accurate. Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks both!

I speak fluent Spanish so that should help me also. I have a good data plan with coverage in all of Europe (well, er, if there is connectivity!)

SallyToms that would be incredibly helpful, thank you so much - I will definitely get back to you in case you forget :p Will also check if I can find some more resources here.

How about campings? I've been thinking about sending my tent back at SJPDP, in November most campings will be closed anyway, I suppose...

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.