• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Del Norte y Primitivo

Dominick

Time of past OR future Camino
Via De La Plata 2018, Finisterre 2018,
Hola Peregrinos,
I will be walking Camino Del Norte and Primitivo this Fall (starting in September); wanted to ask - what are the good-helpful guidebooks and apps that may have been used? Please feel free to express any other good to know information / advice that you think may be helpful regarding these Caminos.
Gracias y Ultreia,
Dominick

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hola Peregrinos,
I will be walking Camino Del Norte and Primativo this Fall (starting in September); wanted to ask - what are the good-helpful guidebooks and apps that may have been used? Please feel free to express any other good to know information / advice that you think may be helpful regarding these Caminos.
Gracias y Ultreia,
Dominick
Wise pilgrim off line maps are great and I use the wisely upgrade I’m on the Norte now see my post in live from the Norte

Editorial Buen Camino was useful for me when I walked the Norte. The GPS maps could be used offline which was helpful.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Wise pilgrim off line maps are great and I use the wisely upgrade I’m on the Norte now see my post in live from the Norte
Gracias for this information. I will check out your posts
Are you walking the Primitivo also?
Buen Camino

Editorial Buen Camino was useful for me when I walked the Norte. The GPS maps could be used offline which was helpful.
Another vote for Editorial Buen Camino app. The app itself is very well integrated. It has pre-planned stages, which obviously you don't have to follow, and it also has the ability to plan your own stages - which I do just for fun. :D The GPS works great to show you where you are on the trail, or if you have wandered off the Camino it makes it easy to find your way back.

https://www.editorialbuencamino.com/app-del-camino-de-santiago/

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hola Peregrinos,
I will be walking Camino Del Norte and Primativo this Fall (starting in September); wanted to ask - what are the good-helpful guidebooks and apps that may have been used? Please feel free to express any other good to know information / advice that you think may be helpful regarding these Caminos.
Gracias y Ultreia,
Dominick

I've been using Liz Brandt's guide to plan my Primitivo pilgrimage, also starting in September. Here's the link:

She updated this in February 2018. I've saved this to my phone and intend to use it as my main guide... I might tweak it a bit for a condensed version to suit my own stages and purposes.

Maybe we will bump into each other along the way.

I've been using Liz Brandt's guide to plan my Primitivo pilgrimage, also starting in September. Here's the link:

She updated this in February 2018. I've saved this to my phone and intend to use it as my main guide... I might tweak it a bit for a condensed version to suit my own stages and purposes.

Hola Messa777; gracias for la informacion. Si, my plan is to start walking Del Norte in early Septiembre - heading toward El Primitivo, then a Santiago; y hopefully volunteer as un Hospitalero somewhere along the way. Si, maybe our paths will cross. Tienes un magnifico Camino y Ultreia.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You can find the tracks in rayyrosa website. Also in wikilock. As guide I just use bronze.

You can find the tracks in rayyrosa website. Also in wikilock. As guide I just use bronze.
Hola y gracias Lirsy; I will look into your recommendations. I look forward to walking through Your region. Ultreia

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.