• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Delivering the bike in Santiago de Compostela

gracie

I would be leaving my bike in Santiago for the rental company to pick-up. Any suggestion on which albergue would allow leaving the bike at their place so that it can be picked up by the rental company?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I should imagine that any albergue in Santiago would allow you to leave your bike for pick up as long as you asked them in advance. During my more recent caminos I have found the albergue floor at the Hospedario San Martin Pinario to be a VERY good stop in Santiago!

Most pilgrim rooms are singles at 23 Euros. Ask about these when you email your query. for space to this address >> reservas@sanmartinpinario.eu. Do NOT use their on-line booking form which is only for more expensive and more elegant regular tourist accommodation.

I stayed in their simple pilgrim rooms in December 2011, 2012, and 2013 and found them comfortable and the location most convenient. They are open 24/7 so that you can arrive at anytime, the obliging desk staff are multi-lingual, WiFi is free, there are multiple public spaces for casual conversation and the restaurant (open to all) serves a very good 3 course lunch or dinner with wine for only 12 Euros. What more does a tired pilgrim need?

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

I would be leaving my bike in Santiago for the rental company to pick-up. Any suggestion on which albergue would allow leaving the bike at their place so that it can be picked up by the rental company?

Thank you MM for the suggestion. I will send an email to this albergue.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I have walked several caminos since 2013 and am hoping to experience the Primitivo in September. Recently I have developed a nasty intermittent pain in the ball of my feet, especially the left...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back