• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Denise Thiem & US Secretary of State John Kerry

jirit

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
The friends and family of Denise Thiem asked me to post this information. As you know, they have been working hard to bring attention to the disappearance of Denise, and your support will be greatly appreciated.

We just just learned from an article on BBC news that US Secretary of State John Kerry will be in Madrid on Monday. This is a great opportunity for the US government to show support in the search for a missing American citizen. Secretary Kerry's words are very influential and even the mere mention of Denise's case to Spanish leadership would help raise awareness at the highest levels, encourage continuing efforts, and hopefully maximize available resources. Please contact Secretary Kerry now to ask him to make Denise a part of his Madrid visit.

https://www.facebook.com/johnkerry
https://twitter.com/JohnKerry/with_replies
Email: kerryj@state.gov

Please support Denise and Cedric to write to Secretary Kerry!! Many thanks!

Thank you for your help!

Cedric and Family

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Posted to John Kerry's Facebook page "Dear Mr Kerry. I am currently on the Camino Frances and keen to receive news of missing Camino pilgrim and American citizen Denise Thiem who has been missing since early April this year. I understand that you will be visiting Madrid shortly and it would be extremely useful, not to mention widely appreciated by the global network of camino pilgrims, if you could raise the matter of Denise's disappearance with your Spanish counterparts and colleagues. The Spanish police are already involved in the search for Denise but any additional influence and visible support that raises awareness of the ongoing search efforts can only be for the good. Best regards, Jackie Robinson (UK pilgrim)"

Email bounced at the address given above, but I sent the following message via this page: https://register.state.gov/contactus/contactusform

Dear Mr. Kerry. I am planning to walk the Camino Frances this fall, and I am very concerned about missing Camino pilgrim and American citizen Denise Thiem, who has been missing since early April this year. I understand that you will be visiting Madrid shortly and it would be extremely useful, not to mention widely appreciated by the global network of Camino pilgrims, if you could raise the matter of Denise's disappearance with your Spanish counterparts and colleagues. The Spanish police are already involved in the search for Denise, but any additional influence and visible support that raises awareness of the ongoing search efforts can only be for the good. Best regards, (full name and city)

Thanks, Jackie Rob, for the template!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If you having trouble reaching John Kerry by email, you could try this email address : contact@johnkerry.com

Email bounced at the address given above, but I sent the following message via this page: https://register.state.gov/contactus/contactusform

Dear Mr. Kerry. I am planning to walk the Camino Frances this fall, and I am very concerned about missing Camino pilgrim and American citizen Denise Thiem, who has been missing since early April this year. I understand that you will be visiting Madrid shortly and it would be extremely useful, not to mention widely appreciated by the global network of Camino pilgrims, if you could raise the matter of Denise's disappearance with your Spanish counterparts and colleagues. The Spanish police are already involved in the search for Denise, but any additional influence and visible support that raises awareness of the ongoing search efforts can only be for the good. Best regards, (full name and city)

I live in his district, Fall River Massachuttes , I sent the template. Ill make a phone call to his week too. See what happens.

Y

You're welcome

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Write him anyway.

Here's mine:

Dear Secretary of State John Kerry:

Sir, I am very sorry to hear of your recent accident, as I hoped you would help fellow US citizens--along with the international pilgrim community, while in Spain.

I’m a US citizen from the state of Oregon, and a secondary high school teacher and farmer in Canby, Oregon.

I will retire in June, and have been planning my trip to Spain for the last year. Like Denise Thiem, I will be walking the ancient pilgrim route Camino de Santiago.

Sadly, Denise Thiem, a 41-year-old Chinese American woman from the state of Arizona, went missing while walking the Camino de Santiago—approximately two months ago.

Her disappearance has received much attention, but to this date, she has not been found.

Please assist fellow Americans, and international pilgrims travelers, and especially Denise Thiem’s family to maintain focus on this tragic disappearance.

This is a situation of great urgency and we are all united with her family in urging you to express your concern to authorities in Spain. Any mention of her case in the media reminds us that we are not going to stop searching for Denise Thiem until we can bring her home—to her parents, family, and friends in Arizona.

Gratefully,

Use the website captured in the screen shot below, along with the FB page for S of State J. Kerry.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 7.39.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 7.39.01 AM.png
    181.5 KB · Views: 6
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Forgive me if already in a thread somewhere, but any search for the above brings up basically every post ever written! Did anyone get to see the premiere? Dying to know what it's like as the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back