• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Dentist recommendation in Lisbon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluedog

Austin, Texas
Time of past OR future Camino
None yet. Departing from Lisbon on April 17 (2019)
Hello

As luck would have it, I seem to have cracked a tooth. I leave tomorrow for Lisbon. This tooth has been looked at by my dentist recently and he said a crown is the next step.

Does anyone have thoughts to share on finding a dentist in Lisbon? General thoughts or a specific recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Did your dentist fit a temporary crown? Do you want to get a crown fitted during your time in Portugal? (Logistically challenging since it will require at least a couple of appointments over a couple of weeks). Or are you looking for advice in case the tooth deteriorates and requires emergency work?

General information on dental treatment in Portugal here:

You should have left your dentist with at least a temporary crown. Failing that, or needing other dental or medical help, I ALWAYS ask at the front desk of the hotel I am staying at. I always stay at a hotel for the day or two before I start a Camino. this is one of the reasons why. Hotel desk staff ALWAYS have a doctor and dentist to send customers to in a pinch.

Hope this helps.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello

As luck would have it, I seem to have cracked a tooth. I leave tomorrow for Lisbon. This tooth has been looked at by my dentist recently and he said a crown is the next step.

Does anyone have thoughts to share on finding a dentist in Lisbon? General thoughts or a specific recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom
Hi, Tom,

Maybe contact Via Lusitana which is Portugues Pilgrim Association. They have 24/7 phone assistance and from the past posts I believe there is always someone that speaks English. You can find the number on the upper right hand side of this link: https://www.vialusitana.org/
I hope all will be well.

Bom Caminho!

Good advice. Thanks. I should have been more clear. It is a crack but not broken off. I was able to see my dentist yesterday and he said be gentle and if it breaks, get it fixed. Otherwise, see him after the trip.

On the plane now. Leave at Heathrow in 2 hours.

Thanks again.

Tom

This is an old thread but so long as it was bumped today and given that others may search for it in the future, my recommendation for a dentist in Lisbon is Clinica São Dente. It's modern, fairly central, the dentists and receptionists speak English, and I think the charges are very reasonable. There are also a lot of hygiene measures taken in Covid times to reassure clients. I actually have an appointment there this week!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

I'm about a 6 weeks away from beginning the French Camino. Depending on how I feel when I get to St. Jean, I will either take a train back to Portugal, or continue on to Santiago. In the...
Hola, I was really hoping to walk the Camino again this coming summer but despite all my hopes and planning I am in need of a hip replacement instead, yea! I walked the Frances in 2017 and have...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.