• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Depression

Abbeydore

Veteran Member
If you don't suffer from it you are blessed, if you do you probably know how I feel @ present
The recent full moon has given me a pretty hard time of it! Walked my dog in suffolk eng. Enjoyed some sun, but feel pretty crap...........not wish it upon any one!

Anyway tomorrow's another day, love to everyone!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello Abbeydore. I have skirted around the edges of depression for the last 20 years and feel for you.

I hope that having a dog helps. It should! I hope so much to have a dog as soon as I retire from my rewarding but very demanding job as Head of Year in a Secondary School in Wiltshire.
I have been very cheered by watching the Olympics and if it helps - know that a small but heartfelt prayer is heading your way and is for you.

The World is full of amazing and loveable people.

Rachel xx

Rachel & Annie,
Or should I have said the dog(Audrey) walked both of us.......she's a border collie.....understands humans better than they do........ :lol: :lol:

David

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If you have not tried bright light therapy, it may help. Some people residing in Alaska, Canada, and the northern US states find it very helpful in winter months. Along with bright light therapy, a few will also take Deplin with more severe cases of depression.
Arrange your schedule so you'll be walking el Camino routes in the sunny months!

Dear Abbeydore...
Yesterday
as I went walking through the fields
seed heads rattled in a bending wind
You were there beside me...

Animo!

Attachments

• _DSC7230.JPG
    _DSC7230.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 1,727
Oh yes I exercise, been gardening lots, & been on my bike, & walking, lost some weight too...........& yes I do agree..........
It's just the sod sneaks up on you...........
& now been eating my fruits or is that veges, fresh peas, toms & spuds..........
oh yes freshly pulled spuds, just washed.........cooked a bit of butter.......yummy :)
Hope that made your mouth water :mrgreen:

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
lovingkindness said:
come on you guys, quit the food talk. I am soooooo HUNGRY.
Me too. And suffering from depression. I keep thinking about doner kebabs which would only make things worse. :shock:

lovingkindness said:
come on you guys, quit the food talk. I am soooooo HUNGRY.

Sorry lovingkindness, your flowers were wonderful & still look great, you know there are lots you can eat, borage for eg., & boy what a kick she's got, no wonder the bees love it.

120236591_7452768cd2.jpg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Abbeydore, how beautiful, such exquisite detail and mind-zapping colour. I wonder, does blue have more zinging power than yellow? Why not bust the blues by staring at a psychodelic mix? That's what the tulip growers do in Holland :)

Uuhh, I have so bad depression that I cannot start to get ready and pack! Leaving already on Monday, but I'm still missing half of things :O

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If you are having trouble getting organized the last few days before departure, making a checklist might be helpful. (I couldn't travel without mine - it's an iPhone app!)

:) Yes, I have already 3 checklists, but I'm stuck and cannot even go and buy things that I still need. But maybe tomorrow will be better day. And tomorrow I will not have other choice, not so much time left :)
Thank you for your advice!

ugggla said:
Uuhh, I have so bad depression that I cannot start to get ready and pack! Leaving already on Monday, but I'm still missing half of things :O

Oh, this sounds just like me in march this year,
I'm assuming yoou have the major things, sack & boots, just pack minimum & get rest in spain(Leon). Take it easy & wing it! Go slowly!
If things get too bad don't go, you'll know. You seem to have a lovely smile, it will get you thru'

Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
:) Thank you, I'm trying!

yes, a big smile is the only thing that I have packed so far :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back