A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Detailed Online / PDF Info On Del Norte Stages In Case I Don't Receive My Guidebook

0 Euro Camino Bank Note

Jayessemm

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2016) Northern Routes (2019) Portugues (2019)
¡Hola Peregrinos!

I head to Irun early in September to walk del Norte.

I have ordered the new edition of the Dave Whitson / Laura Perazzoli del Norte / Primitive Cicerone Guide. It is due to be released August 30 so while the timing should work there is a chance I won't get the book before I depart.

Is there a good stage-by-stage online / PDF resource at least for the first week or so I can use as "insurance?"

Thanks!

nickpellatt

Camino(s) past & future
French 2015 Portuguese 2018 Norte May 2019 Finesterre and Muxia April 2019
The Buen Camino app was very popular when I walked the Norte earlier this year ... more reliable than the guide book too, although I had the older edition rather than the newest one.

The route is very well marked though, and you'll meet lots of people on the way, although not as many as the Frances of course. If you dont get a book in time, I think you'll find you are OK. The municipal albergue in Irun give out a list of albergues for the first region of Spain too.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018
I also like the Buen Camino app

I also have the Wisely app, but rely more on Buen Camino.

The Gronze website is also very helpful, and there are Camino del Norte guidebooks that you can get in Kindle format to use on your phone.

Jbirk

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, SJPP to Finesterre April (2018)
Via Francigena Sept (2018)
Del Norte Aug (2019)
We’re on the Norte now and are using the Buen Camino app. It works offline wonderfully and the route is very well marked. Buen Camino

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
¡Hola Peregrinos!

I head to Irun early in September to walk del Norte.

I have ordered the new edition of the Dave Whitson / Laura Perazzoli del Norte / Primitive Cicerone Guide. It is due to be released August 30 so while the timing should work there is a chance I won't get the book before I depart.

Is there a good stage-by-stage online / PDF resource at least for the first week or so I can use as "insurance?"

Thanks!
We have the new guide to the Ingles (UK) and in the back it says that you can download the GPX files. You need to give your email address and details of where you bought the hard copy. Implies that if you own the hard copy then the GPPX files are free or reduced.
Not sure how it works as the GPX link, near the foot of the page, goes to the log-in page, but worth a try maybe after the 30th when the book is actually published.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%