• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Detailed Online / PDF Info On Del Norte Stages In Case I Don't Receive My Guidebook

Jayessemm

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2016) Northern Routes (2019) Portugues (2019)
¡Hola Peregrinos!

I head to Irun early in September to walk del Norte.

I have ordered the new edition of the Dave Whitson / Laura Perazzoli del Norte / Primitive Cicerone Guide. It is due to be released August 30 so while the timing should work there is a chance I won't get the book before I depart.

Is there a good stage-by-stage online / PDF resource at least for the first week or so I can use as "insurance?"

Thanks!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The Buen Camino app was very popular when I walked the Norte earlier this year ... more reliable than the guide book too, although I had the older edition rather than the newest one.

The route is very well marked though, and you'll meet lots of people on the way, although not as many as the Frances of course. If you dont get a book in time, I think you'll find you are OK. The municipal albergue in Irun give out a list of albergues for the first region of Spain too.

I also like the Buen Camino app

I also have the Wisely app, but rely more on Buen Camino.

The Gronze website is also very helpful, and there are Camino del Norte guidebooks that you can get in Kindle format to use on your phone.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We’re on the Norte now and are using the Buen Camino app. It works offline wonderfully and the route is very well marked. Buen Camino

¡Hola Peregrinos!

I head to Irun early in September to walk del Norte.

I have ordered the new edition of the Dave Whitson / Laura Perazzoli del Norte / Primitive Cicerone Guide. It is due to be released August 30 so while the timing should work there is a chance I won't get the book before I depart.

Is there a good stage-by-stage online / PDF resource at least for the first week or so I can use as "insurance?"

Thanks!
We have the new guide to the Ingles (UK) and in the back it says that you can download the GPX files. You need to give your email address and details of where you bought the hard copy. Implies that if you own the hard copy then the GPPX files are free or reduced.
Not sure how it works as the GPX link, near the foot of the page, goes to the log-in page, but worth a try maybe after the 30th when the book is actually published.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.