Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Detour at FURELOS, on way to Melide (October 2021)

Marbe2

Past OR future Camino
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
The bridge entering Furelos is blocked off and under repair. They have rerouted traffic back on Rua Furelos-northEAST! It eventually comes into 547 west, a little before Melide. Not wanting to waste a step, if had known, I would have preferred to parallel 547W when the trail goes left opposite Muebles Paula …Then picked up Rua Furelos around the curve back into 547W It would have been easier!

In any case look at a map unless you just want to go with the flow.

Last edited:
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Plato

Past OR future Camino
The bridge entering Furelos is blocked off and under repair. They have rerouted traffic back on Rua Furelos-northEAST! It eventually comes into 547 west, a little before Melide. Not wanting to waste a step, if had known, I would have preferred to parallel 547W when the trail goes left opposite Muebles Paula …Then picked up Rua Furelos around the curve back into 547W It would have been easier!

In any case look at a map unless you just want to go with the flow.
Yes just experienced that 'desvío' myself yesterday.. and I agree with your preferred alternative rerouting which would be easier on the feet on what is a long stage from Palas de Rei to Arzúa for a lot of pilgrims...

Last edited:

MyDestinationGalicia

Mark Auchincloss
Past OR future Camino
Thanks for the advice. Coincidently I spoke yesterday to the woman at Meson A Ponte, the rustic bar on your left just before the bridge and she said it could be closed for some time as they can't agree on some of the works details. Most pilgrims will just follow the diversion arrows which are well signed. This takes you onto the main road into Melide with pilgrims now just following the road into the centre rather than following the left into Furelos. It's a shame as the village is medieval with some houses having the original doors with the impressive San Juan Church.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads