• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Detour in Deba

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2023 Vasco, Meseta, Portugues Coastal
Walked through Deba today. The bridge leaving Deba is out. Looks like it will be out for a long time. You now have to walk in the opposite direction to get to a bridge to cross. It will add 2k to your day. I don’t know if this was posted before or not.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If you are following the Gronze stages it is the end of the third stage from Irun https://www.gronze.com/etapa/zarautz/deba
And before possibly the most difficult stage on the Norte
View attachment 46480
That was tough but u thought the first day from Irún to San Sebastián was harder. Every day so far has been tough. Tonight I am in Gernika. You probably are right though.
I have not followed any stage that is in Gronze or Wise Pilgrim except the first day. Taking it a little slower.

That was tough but u thought the first day from Irún to San Sebastián was harder. Every day so far has been tough. Tonight I am in Gernika. You probably are right though.
I have not followed any stage that is in Gronze or Wise Pilgrim except the first day. Taking it a little slower.

@lt56ny , we're taking it slower, and we're not following any stage in Gronze.
We're also taking alternatives away from the Camino, to enjoy coastal walking.
We're currently in Liencres, having left San Sebastian. We walked along the coast, and it was very nice. Much nicer than following the Camino directions which go straight down the carretera!
You'll find various posts about coastal alternatives on this forum.

Buen Camino!

@lt56ny , we're taking it slower, and we're not following any stage in Gronze.
We're also taking alternatives away from the Camino, to enjoy coastal walking.
We're currently in Liencres, having left San Sebastian. We walked along the coast, and it was very nice. Much nicer than following the Camino directions which go straight down the carretera!
You'll find various posts about coastal alternatives on this forum.

Buen Camino!
I have already taken some alternatives too. I too don’t follow stages.
I follow what my body tells me to do. I avoid injuries and blisters that way! Thanks

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.