• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Detour time...again

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
I have chanced upon Abbaye de Noirlac closeby Saint-Armand-Montrond-a mere 10km back and forth. Apparently yet another amazing Cistercian abbey. Has anyone been there? The website offers basic information but would like to hear personal experiences. Thank you

http://www.abbayedenoirlac.com/

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Scruffy, sorry that I cannot give you any information on the Abbaye, but I just want to say I would love to walk with you and follow your detours someday. Susanna and I are preparing a guide to the Camino Olvidado, and from the look of it, there are many romanesque jewels along the way. Keep that in mind for some year, we'll report back. We'll walk in June, when are you walking?

Buen camino, Laurie

Thanks Laurie-Olvidado is now in my papers as "Let's give a look"! When am I walking?> Ah, a good question. I leave Jerusalem April 6th, however there is a transportation discordance between planes and trains so that Sunday afternoon I will spend in Paris-Chartres or d'Orsay? maybe both? The next day for Auxerre-can't just look out the train window at that! Vezalay for a day plus Saint-Pierre just down the road and first day out is detour time! What did you expect? Clamecy of course-then and only then will I be able to say I have started walking. What a world.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have chanced upon Abbaye de Noirlac closeby Saint-Armand-Montrond-a mere 10km back and forth. Apparently yet another amazing Cistercian abbey. Has anyone been there? The website offers basic information but would like to hear personal experiences. Thank you

http://www.abbayedenoirlac.com/

Scruffy,

I have not yet been to the abbey but must go someday. From a French camino reference here is the latest info regarding the re-opening of the pilgrim albergue at nearby St Amand-Montrond . "Le relais St Jacques de St Amand-Montrond est de nouveau ouvert. Il se situe surla branche sud (Nevers) de la Voie de Vézelay. 6,avenue de la République 18200 St Amand-Montrond, tél 0671015993/0248606936. Couchage fourni, dortoirs 2 et 3 places, chambre couple, petit-déj. compris, 20 euros/pèlerin.
Et l’incendie de 2012 n’est plus qu’un mauvais souvenir"

Happy planning!.

Margaret

Thanks Margaret! I have seen the "Le relais St Jacques de St Amand-Montrond" on Google Maps and while 6 avenue de Republique is a nice enough building there was no outward sign of lodging, pilgrims, or Relais, the final sentence explains all-newly reopened after the fire. Now in my plans after all-Good News.
S

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back