Detour to Parador in Corias

czelnick

Time of past OR future Camino
Kumano Kodo 2019
My wife and I (age 66) -Planning to walk the Primitivo next April/May.
I found a 2017 thread about detouring to stay at the Parador in Corias;
We would like to take a rest day there.

I'd like advice from anyone who has done this more recently.

1) where did you divert- Tineo, or Pola de Allande?
(- if one diverts from Pola de Allande, that would prevent a walk via the Hospitales route)

2) how did you get from the Camino to the Parador and back- bus, taxi, walk, transporter beam?

3) How was the experience? worthwhile, or are there better alternatives for rest day on the Primitivo in this area?

Cheers.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I don't see why you have to take a 50km detour (25km each way) away from the Primitivo

In Tineo, the Hotel Palacio de Meras has **** and is just as good as a Parador (and bedroom just as large for example plus very helpful staff)

Your suggestion may be indeed splendid, but I think they want to stay in this Parador for the experience. This one is an old monastery. I doubt the detour itself is an issue.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Bus from Salas? to Cangas del Narcea might be an option. Best to check the ALSA website.

Yes, its for the experience and a rest day off the camino in the mountains.... if we can get there and back...

Yes, its for the experience and a rest day off the camino in the mountains.... if we can get there and back...
Salas to Corias (Cangas del Narcea) takes 1hour and 20minutes. Several buses a day. Times from the ALSA website☺
Bus also goes through Tineo, which is a shorter time by about 15 minutes.
(Edit:- The ALSA website gives times but not as far ahead as next year yet.)

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
There is an interesting alternative to Pola de Allande - Fonsagrada, through Pola - Corias/Cangas del Narcea- Puerto del Connio - Ibias - Fonsagrada, with acommodation in Cecos, San Antolín de Ibias and Rio de Porcos.
Better by bicycle because everything is road.
Landmarks: Muniellos forest, Ibias valley and Rio de Porcos.
Rio de Porcos is an Asturian isolated village whose only access is via a pedestrian bridge over river Navia. The other side of the bridge is Galicia !!.

Back