• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Detour to Segovia

andy.d

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Levante 2009
Camino Ingles (Coruna) 2011
Camino Ingles (Coruna) 2014
Pilgrims Way Winchester - Canterbury
Camino Ingles (Ferrol) 2015
Cistercian Way (Wales) 2016
I am wondering about the possibility of detouring from the Levante at Avila to visit John of the Cross at Segovia. Does anyone have information on possible routes? If not, don't worry - I can follow a map,

Andy

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
andy.d said:
I am wondering about the possibility of detouring from the Levante at Avila to visit John of the Cross at Segovia. Does anyone have information on possible routes? If not, don't worry - I can follow a map,

Andy

Andy,

I'm SURE there's not any marked route between both Avila and Segovia. But, I've heard about someone who ... yes, who walked from Segovia to any point of the Camino del Sureste, but ... I don't remember exactly where. Let me ask him, but in my opinion, after the long distance between Alicante and Avila, it doesn´t matter if you take a bus go and back to visit Segovia. And, after that, only a few kilometres after Avila (24,500) you are in Gotarrendura, one of the best albergues in this route and best attended by the local association.

Buen Camino, hope to tell you something else,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Thanks Javier, yes a rest day and bus trip to Segovia might be best!

Andy

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
andy.d said:
Thanks Javier, yes a rest day and bus trip to Segovia might be best!

Andy

LAST NEWS: Today, in two hours, will be opened the new albergue in Avila.

So, in my opinion this is the best option, and may be it's possible for you to leave your backpack in the albergue during your trip to Segovia and staying in Avila for two nights. Ask to the hospitalero if possible, and in my opinion you will not have any problem.

Don't forget that, if Segovia is a very beautiful city, Avila is incredibly nice, too!! In both cities (and in Toledo, a few days before) it's interesting to know before arriving which places you are interesting to see.

Buen Camino del Sureste,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.