• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Dia de los Reyes

HedaP

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances starting SJPdP Sept/Oct 2015, April/May 2017
Happy three kings, peregrinos. Don’t forget to leave your shoes at the door!
PS Some of the albergues will be keeping the kings pretty busy!

Attachments

• 488A75C3-CDFD-4525-B50D-C0A4E2B09B6F.jpeg
    488A75C3-CDFD-4525-B50D-C0A4E2B09B6F.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 358
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes, Feliz dia de los Reyes! At home we used to place grass outside the door for the camels to eat. Thank you, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Pilgrims leaving two shoes out and not just one ... is that also Camino cheating?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
hi aunt @HedaP in my home country our Christmas is quite long as most, we excite decorating as soon the month with 'ber' start in September, then the 'mesa de galyo' (from 16th December until 24th a mass conducted at 4:30AM for 9 consecutive days). Then three kings, then, black nazarene until Sto. Nino (3rd Sunday of January). wishing u & rest of your love one a more healthier 2018!

hi aunt @HedaP in my home country our Christmas is quite long as most, we excite decorating as soon the month with 'ber' start in September, then the 'mesa de galyo' (from 16th December until 24th a mass conducted at 4:30AM for 9 consecutive days). Then three kings, then, black nazarene until Sto. Nino (3rd Sunday of January). wishing u & rest of your love one a more healthier 2018!
Oh Aunt Yaying that sounds wonderful. We pack everything away on the 12th day of Christmas which is epiphany or three kings day. I love learning about the different traditions in different countries even though I don’t always get them right. All the very best to you and yours for a happy and healthy 2018.

I love learning about the different traditions in different countries even though I don’t always get them right
40 years ago on this day I was in Manila, in an international group; we spent five months in the country and while we were very expertly guided in local traditions (including the misa del gallo), we decked out our meeting room with a pretend White Christmas theme! This day is known in Ireland, and other countries, as Little Christmas, and traditionally was the day when the men in the house would take on the tasks normally done by the women. Whatever the name of the day, isn’t it great to be alive to celebrate it!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The photos above remind me of the "King Cake" famous in New Orleans during carnival, at the onset of Lent. That is about two months up the proverbial road." The "King Cake" is a ring shaped cake, as above, similarly decorated.

However, in the New Orleans version, there is a tiny plastic baby Jesus baked into the cake. Whoever "bites" into the baby Jesus wins.

I kind of forget what one "wins." I just hope it is not a trip to one's dentist...:eek:

I just
The photos above remind me of the "King Cake" famous in New Orleans during carnival, at the onset of Lent. That is about two months up the proverbial road." The "King Cake" is a ring shaped cake, as above, similarly decorated.

However, in the New Orleans version, there is a tiny plastic baby Jesus baked into the cake. Whoever "bites" into the baby Jesus wins.

I kind of forget what one "wins." I just hope it is not a trip to one's dentist...:eek:
:confused: True dat!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
That's what I really, really miss about not living in Spain anymore - two Christmases...

There are those who say that if you REALLY have the spirit of Christmas, you will live it every day of the year. I think it has something to do with propagating the whole 'Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward (Men)' thing.

Combined with the positive effects of being on Camino, one could easily turn into a very good person over time...a secular saint... Stranger things have happened...:)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back