• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Diary of a Pilgrimage: Egeria ± 417ad

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
No. 38 in a series of books called "Ancient Christian Writers: The Works of the Fathers in Translation" is entitled "Diary of a Pilgrimage" written by a Spanish woman pilgrim named Egeria
Archaeologists in the 1800's came upon this diary written by Egeria around 417ad. Archaeologists are certain that the work was not written earlier than 394 or later than 448 based on places visited in the Pilgrimage and other evidence from the writings.
Translated and Annotated by George E.

Available from: http://www.easternchristiansupply.biz/p ... 8626/54581

The 12 vol set consists of:
This twelve-volume set includes:

• No. 1: The Epistles of St. Clement of Rome and St. Ignatius of Antioch
• No. 6: The Didache, the Epistle of Barnabas, the Epistles and the Martyrdom of St. Polycarp, the Fragments of Papias, the Epistle to Diognetus
• No. 11: Pastoral Care
• No. 16: Proof of the Apostolic Preaching
• No. 17: The Works of St. Patrick; St. Secundinus, Hymn on St. Patrick
• No. 21: The Ascetic Life, The Four Centuries on Charity
• No. 27: The Symposium: A Treatise on Chastity
• No. 31: Baptismal Instructions
• No. 35: Letters of St. Paulinus of Nola, Volume I: Letters 1—22
• No. 36: Letters of St. Paulinus of Nola, Volume II: Letters 23—51
• No. 38: Diary of a Pilgrimage
• No. 55: Against the Heresies, Volume I, Book I
Item Number: BKPP694CS

$301.40 (USD)

You read more about woman pilgrims here: http://www.umilta.net/egeria.html

Attachments

• Ancient Christian Writers.jpg
    Ancient Christian Writers.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 968
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Sil,
In Pilgrimage to Heresy, I suggest that Egeria may have been Agape the noblewoman who brings the "secret gospel" to Priscillian. There is a lot of circumstantial evidence that they may have known one another and the connection, though fictional, is a possibility, especially given Egeria's Gallego links and personal views which appear to be quite Priscillianist. Egeria's travels is fascinating reading, even today. What a remarkable woman!
Tracy

It may have been Shirley MacLaine who discovered, after she discovered the Lemurians, that centuries ago the snails had their own camino. They only traveled to Santiago from about 1 km out, but it still took them several months. A group of snails was set upon by a group of turtle bandits. The turtles beat the snails and stole their equipment.

The snails moved as quickly as they could to report the assault to the Guardia Civil. When the policemen asked the snails for a description of the bandits, they replied, "We really cannot say. It all happened so fast."

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

My father read a book about the Camino written by a Catholic Priest from a small town in Europe. The book was fairly detailed in capturing life of pilgrim. We have perused all pics of books on...
This book by Katherine Lack landed on my doormat last week. I ordered it having found her Frontstalag 142, The Internment Diary of an English Lady fascinating, not least because my grandmother and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.