• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Did anybody noticed this website ?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
That is a new one to us. It has its good points but some of the hotel recommendations are way off the Camino and would need a car/ Otheres might need a taxi but are not as far off the Way. Still useful though, thanks Albertinho.

Thanks for the link. While it generally worked well, there were still some issues navigating around the site. Clearly one would need to use other information resources to get a complete picture of the Ingles - one won't get it from this site. Certainly a useful addition to know where commercial accommodation options exist should that be needed.

Regards,

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hola Doug. We put several of those commercial places into Google maps and some are way off the Camino, by 10kms or more east or west. The site's maps are too small a section to really show locations. Others having said that others are really good and just where needed. Careful checking is needed, or a long taxi ride.

Although anyone can get all information on this great forum and from its experienced forummembers , from Vialusitana, from CSJ in the UK and in guides like Johnnie Walker , John Brierley or Cicerone I felt the need to get more information, specially about Galicia.
So sent an email to www.turgalicia.es and they sent me a tremendous amount of brochures, leaflets and a map.Specially the brochure Bono Iacobus is very interesting for them who are walking the Camino Ingles. .lots of information like a.o.graphics of the altitudes
They sent it free of charge to me .
Just want to share this with you.

Buen camino

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Did anybody noticed this website. http://www.elcaminoingles.com/etapas/ver/ferrol ?

In a.o. English

Thanks for this link - regardless of the accuracy of the information, it's useful to have the spoken Spanish commentary with English translation alongside. I'm always surprised at the speed of Spanish speech - the Mexican Spanish I learned as a child tended to be at a more relaxed pace. These videos help to get the ear in!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I used to work for some years in Catalunya. I am a Dutch native speaker and had to visit customers in the roadconstruction and heavy transport sector.
Do not expect they speak english .I had about 300 customers in the Catalán area and about 5 to 10 of them spoke english.
When I entered their offices I allways asked "do you speak english" ? "No was the answer most of the time and started to speak very fast to me in either CatalĂŁn or Castillano. Then I asked. "So we can speak Dutch ?" They start to smile and said "oh no ". So I said " so you must accept my way of speaking Castillano .

Despacio por favor ! Slowly. It allways worked out. :)

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there. I’m thinking of spending around five to seven days walking the Ingles, and would be interested in getting some input. I’ve walked the Portuges from Porto to Santiago, before continuing...
So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back