• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Did I read it here??? Cathedral roof tour in English

Portia1

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2009, Portuguese 2012
Frances 2016, 2019
I've dutifully attempted to search this information but I haven't come up with anything recent. I could have sworn that I read about this this spring--a link for reserving a tour in English of the Cathedral in Santiago. If anyone can help me--THANKS!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Did this tour on...um...June 21st...we signed up the day before. Don't know if it fills up that fast, but totally and completely worth it. Even if you have "issues" with heights...which I do! I wouldn't have missed this for anything. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Buen Camino, Karin

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Have to add that yes, it's totally worth it. I did it in the off-season, so getting tickets wasn't a problem -- just walked up and bought them. Good luck!

Melanie

Just got our confirmation for seven people at 7 p.m. in English. I thought doing it a little before 8:30 p.m. sunset would be nice. It is our last night in Spain--we leave at 6 a.m. the next morning. This later time also gives those who want to go out to Finisterre time to get back. I'm glad to hear that it is well worth it. I didn't know about this for my last Camino.

We took this tour. Do it if you can. I scheduled our reservation on-line and requested English. They asked me what time I wanted--and when we got there, we discovered they had extended it to others wanting an English tour. One woman wore heels. Not a good idea! It was also a misty, rainy evening so I was glad I was wearing my hiking shoes.

It is amazing to walk on the roof (literally, you are walking on the roof which is granite and "stepped") and to see the city from a totally different perspective. Our guide was very informative and funny. I cannot imagine a family (the bell ringer who was also the canons' personal tailor) living on the roof with his children and chickens but there you have it! You also can view the Cathedral from above the Jesse Tree, peak into the windows and look down into the nave, and see the sculptures more clearly.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back