• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Did you miss anything?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
What did you miss the most on CF?
Personally I missed good bread, not the white bread, some good whole grain bread for sandwiches. 😊

Is the question "What did you miss from the CF?" or "What did you miss from home while on the CF?"

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Wholesome food and decent kitchen facilities.

A juicy hamburger, ketsup for fries, and mayo for my bocadillas. Otherwise, I loved everything and not just food related...the good, the bad and the ugly! Oh yes, I missed my hubby back home!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Taking Communion!... At home I celebrate Mass almost every day. ("It's kind of my job.").... But on the Camino, while I go to Mass every chance I get, I never take Communion.... Why? Well, as I've said here before, I think it would be bad form (at the very least!) for an Anglican Catholic to go into a Roman Catholic church and then, knowingly and deliberately, violate its Closed Communion rule, OK?...

Nota bene: On the Camino I've several times, in tiny rural parishes, far away from big cities and bishops, been invited by the celebrant to come forward and receive.... You'd think that the tiny rural parishes would be the least relaxed and over-looking, but that's not the case.... My guess is that unrelenting exposure to peregrinos of all persuasions has an eye-opening effect.... For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in.

Last edited:
Taking Communion!... At home I celebrate Mass almost every day. ("It's kind of my job.").... And on the Camino I go to Mass every chance I get, but I never take Communion.... Why? Well, as I've said here before, I think it would be bad form indeed for an Anglican to go into an RC church and then, knowingly and deliberately, violate its Closed Communion rule, OK?...

Nota bene: On the Camino I've several times, in tiny rural parishes, far away from big cities and bishops, been invited by the celebrant to come forward and receive.... You'd think the tiny rural parishes would be the least relaxed and over-looking, but that's not the case.... My guess is continual exposure to peregrinos of all persuasions has an eye-opening effect.... For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in.

That must be really hard for you. I'm a R.C, and look forward to the day when we can share communion. "Take this all of you, and eat..."

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I missed my Volkswagen Eos a lot. Great weather last september/beginning of october ;)

Greets,

Louis

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
[QUOTE="mette, post: 679795, member: 32923"]What did you miss the most on CF?
Personally I missed good bread, not the white bread, some good whole grain bread for sandwiches. 😊[/QUOTE]

Nothing at all...............;)

Good on you! A great thing to be kind to. Being kind is a joy. I am kind to pilgrims when I am away but they aren't furry and they don't purr.
Mostly.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My girlfriend. So, I returned from the Camino and asked her to marry me, proposed she plan the wedding, I plan the honeymoon. She accepted my full proposal. Our wedding is next year then off to Camino for a month as a honeymoon. :cool:

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I don't think I thought about whether I missed or anything while on the Camino. This question now brings me up to what I Would have missed if there is ANY. Well, now I can think about what I would have missed but seriously, I don't think this idea ever came to my mind while on the Camino..

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I don't think I thought about whether I missed or anything while on the Camino. This question now brings me up to what I Would have missed if there is ANY. Well, now I can think about what I would have missed but seriously, I don't think this idea ever came to my mind while on the Camino..
I'm pretty much with you, but that mention of a big fluffy towel got me thinking... 😊

Last edited:

€83,-
It never ever occurred to me that I missed something when on the Camino, but yes, I gained so much!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My girlfriend. So, I returned from the Camino and asked her to marry me, proposed she plan the wedding, I plan the honeymoon. She accepted my full proposal. Our wedding is next year then off to Camino for a month as a honeymoon. :cool:

Could be a short marriage :eek:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A juicy hamburger, ketsup for fries, and mayo for my bocadillas. Otherwise, I loved everything and not just food related...the good, the bad and the ugly! Oh yes, I missed my hubby back home!

@Camino Chris ...I can no longer eat any gluten anything, but remember the dry tasteless bocadillas from my first few walks... Thought I'd share a little trick I learned along The Way : save a few of those jam / jelly / preserves packets that come at breakfast... Apricot was fabulous with ham, as was apple jelly....worth a try!

And yes...I missed hamburger ( not sure what kind of meat is in hamburguesa , but it isn't ground choice beef...lol

What did you miss the most on CF?
Personally I missed good bread, not the white bread, some good whole grain bread for sandwiches. 😊
I really missed sharing the beauty of it all with my closest ones that weren't with me. Painfully.

And I shared the crave for "good" bread with you but everything was OK once I entered Bierzo and later Galicia :)
I think the people that have historicaly lived in shortage of food really know what's good.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back