• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Difficulties getting a Reservation at Orrison

Randy Kalstrom

Time of past OR future Camino
I plan to begin my Camino Sept. 1 2017
Begining in January I've attempted to get a reservation at the Orrison alberge. I've tried to send them an e-mail through their site twice, without a response. I've tried to email them at refuge.orrison@wanadoo.fr twice, and my email was return stating that it could not be delivered. I've also tried to e-mail them with my wife's e-mail account with a different provider than mine, without success. If anyone has suggestions I'd be very appreciative.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Begining in January I've attempted to get a reservation at the Orrison alberge. I've tried to send them an e-mail through their site twice, without a response. I've tried to email them at refuge.orrison@wanadoo.fr twice, and my email was return stating that it could not be delivered. I've also tried to e-mail them with my wife's e-mail account with a different provider than mine, without success. If anyone has suggestions I'd be very appreciative.
I think you are misspelling orisson. Try again and see if you get a response back in a day or two.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
They are up there this week or at least at their computer because I booked a night for 15/6 this week.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I tried through their booking site twice over some weeks with no response . When I e mailed directly I received a paypal invoice seven days later . I paid this immediately but now have not received confirmation of the booking .

They can be notoriously slow in responding but eventually they do. Good luck. It's a fun spot.

Buen Camino.

I tried through their booking site twice over some weeks with no response . When I e mailed directly I received a paypal invoice seven days later . I paid this immediately but now have not received confirmation of the booking .
Check your PayPal account to make sure he payment went through. I got a confirmation notice within 24 hours of paying. If it did, you could always call them and leave a message, or email with your concern. Once you get the confirmation, I'd recommend printing it out and bringing it with you. I've read on here that the place can get overbooked, and no receipt, no bed:-(

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Don't worry. That's the norm.

I've read on here that the place can get overbooked, and no receipt, no bed:-(

Thank you , this was my concern so I did copy all my correspondence .
Then true to form I received a reply to my request for a confirmation some days later .
''
Paiement OK.

Au mois de mai.

Amicalement.''

I have a theory , e mails are answered far more quickly when sent in the French language . Obvious really , those in other languages need translation , not all staff are literate in the multitude of languages e mails are composed in , so inevitably there must be some delays in answers . Perhaps they have different language literate staff for different days of the week.
One wonders how they manage Korean or Thai .

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Thank you , this was my concern so I did copy all my correspondence .
Then true to form I received a reply to my request for a confirmation some days later .
''
Paiement OK.

Au mois de mai.

Amicalement.''

I have a theory , e mails are answered far more quickly when sent in the French language . Obvious really , those in other languages need translation , not all staff are literate in the multitude of languages e mails are composed in , so inevitably there must be some delays in answers . Perhaps they have different language literate staff for different days of the week.
One wonders how they manage Korean or Thai .
I sent my email in English, and received an answer in 4 days.

Also check your spam folder. When I booked lodging in SJPP and didn't get a response I was quite concerned. My friend in Canada had received a speedy confirmation and the place only has a few rooms. I wrote 3 different times before finding 3 different confirmations.....in my spam folder. Embarrassing:cool:

When sending any emails to any country, i write what i want to say on Google translate. I then send both the non-English version and the English version.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back