• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

difficulty booking bus tickets from Movelia

Lydia Gillen

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007/8/9, 2011 , 2012/13/14. C.F 2015
Camino Portugues 2017,2018,2019
volunteering
I have been trying to book bus tickets from Bilbao to Pamplona. Movelia is the bus company. But they keep saying that my bank is not accepting the payment. However when I phone the bank to ask why, they say they have not been requested, and therefore have not refused.

Has anybody any experience of this or any wisdom to offer.
The journey is for May 3rd, and so it is therefore within their booking time frame

frustrated
Lydia

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Many thanks Jeff for your helpful suggestion. However La Union puts me through to movelia. They are so used to me they even know my passport number. So no joy as yet.

I have booked bus tickets from alsa in the past with no difficulty. I know renfe will only accept credit cards if you have in the past personally presented them in a railway station. Could Movelia be doing the same thing.

Anybody else got any suggestions please.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Can you just book the day of or is there a benefit of booking ahead?

Hi rene,

Last month I could not book the tickets.

May 3rd was too far in the future and out of their time slot for making bookings.

However once it came to April 1st I could go right through the booking process until the very end when they said 'your financial provider is not accepting your card.' However my financial provider provider is accepting my card several times a week. So the problem is not with my credit on my account nor with my bank.

I would like to book in advance in case that when we arrive the bus is full. We have a reservation in Pamplona for that night of May 3rd.

Lydia

I understand you are having problems with your card, I just wanted to know "why" it was so important to book ahead. I would imagine there are probably several buses that go to Pamplona each day. Good luck figuring it out.... :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am from Malaysia & I have the same problem to purchase my ticket. I want to buy bus ticket from Madrid to Granada & keep on saying it is problem with my Bank. I am working in a bank too & does not show on the screen. Movelia you make our life difficult!

I am trying to book bus tickets from Santander to LLanes and am having exactly the same problem with Movelia's user-unfriendly website.

I bought tickets from Alsa last week, and had a similar problem. When I tried to buy them using a debit card or a credit card it told me that my bank had refused the tranaction. Then following advice from this forum I clicked on the Paypal option instead of the credit card option, joined Paypal and then could use me debit card to pay for the ticket.

I don't know if this helps you, but I hope so!

Alan.

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Greetings! I will be traveling with my daughter to walk the Camino Portuguese from Porto in July. The dates are a bit flexible, but not completely so. I’ve been researching flight tickets, and...
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back