• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Direct Flights from Santiago to Ireland

goods

Hi all

New to the forum. Planning on doing the Camino Frances at the end of Sept.
Just wondering are there any direct flights to Ireland from Santiago, as im doing it cycling and dont fancy putting the bike on lots of planes .
Or what would be the nearest airport to Santiago that has direct flights to Ireland.

Cheers

Brendan

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You are just out of luck with Aer Lingus to Dublin.
"Flights do not operate on your selected travel date/s. Aer Lingus operates from May 2 2009 - Sep 19 2009 on days Tue and Sat "

Madrid is probably your closest after the 19th

Hmmm.. yes, via Madrid or Stansted with RyanAir is one option.

There is an airport in Porto with quite a good selection of flights as well, but not sure if they fly to Ireland (Ryanair does not).

I would look at flying out of one of these airports:
Santiago
La Coruña
Vigo
Porto

...but most likely you need one stop over.

Buen camino!
Ivar

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi everyone looking for advice. I have planning my journey for several months in blissful ignorance as I thought there was two direct flights to Santiago from Dublin. But they don't start in march!

Any advice on best route to Santiago in march 2013? I have only one week and
planning to walk from Sarria the week before Easter. Any advice appreciated.

Hi,
I am from Ireland, Tipperary, and am a sailor as well as a prospective pelegrino (later this year), and have spent part of this summer sailing the Rias Baixas, the lovely Ria's from Finisterre to Vigo.
As well as using the Aer Lingus flights in the summer, I have also flown to Porto and Santander with Ryanair.
I travelled either by (one way drop) rental car (if arriving in Spain), or on the train, from Portugal, and found both reasonably priced and reasonably efficient, they take a few additional hours, but you save vast amounts of money compared to the (time) and cost of internal flights connections on Iberia and other Spanish airlines (like Veuling) to get you to Santiago from Madrid.
Another choice is to connect through London Stanstead, so you take 2 flights, both with Ryanair, some friends came this way to Santiago with no problems just a longish stopover, the winter schedule however might not work quite so well?
Hope this helps
If all else fails you can always walk - I'm told! There is a Camino to suit!

Hello,

I'm walking from Sarria to Santiago in October,and will be flying to Porto from Dublin.

The Alsa bus from Porto to Santiago leaves at 13.00 and takes approx 6 hours. This might mean an overnight in Santiago though.

Considering the alternative of flying Dublin to Stansted /Santiago. ( The Santiago flights leave about 8 am) How do you get to Stansted at that ungodly hour?

Whichever way you choose, Bon Camino.

An t-adh leat .

Terence.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In the seasons when there aren't direct flights from Dublin, I assume by making a single booking (probably with Iberia or part of its alliance) the bike or other luggage would be transferred automatically in Madrid without you having to shift it yourself from one flight to the next. It might be a bit more expensive than organising separate flights yourself, but you could get a good deal if you're lucky.

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.