• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Direction after Nevers? Advice please choosing between two route options.

Sara_Dhooma

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (14), Portuguese (15), Le Puy (17), Ingles (17), VDLP (18), Lana (18), Madrid (19) + more
Hello,

I will arrive in Nevers tonight. For tomorrow, I see there are two path options - the historical way and the shorter option via Augy-Sur-Arbois.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight as to which path is better to take. As the weather is turning colder I am leaning towards the shorter route.

Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a budget accommodation option for the first stage from Nevers on either path so I will probably need to set up my tent.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Soon as I post this I find a solution!

La Chapelle-Hugon is a 3km detour off the Augy detour. The municipal albergue is still open and 15€ a night. The stage will be about 30km from Nevers and I made a reservation with the town hall. 😎

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.