A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Disappointment on Netflix

2020 Camino Guides

David

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Moissac to Santiago Spring 2005 was the first foray.

MickMac

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
How many of you saw the announcement of "El Camino" on Netflix and got super-excited, just to find out it was a Breaking Bad movie? :(
For "gods sake" the world exists outside Camino de Santiago 😯 "shock horror" this was a movie from a brilliant series and I for one knew it was coming for months.
The word Camino is not copyrite for us.
So calm yourselves and watch "The Way" on netflex if your having withdrawal symptoms.
😉

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" Camino
but 2019?
For "gods sake" the world exists outside Camino de Santiago 😯 "shock horror" this was a movie from a brilliant series and I for one knew it was coming for months.
So calm yourselves and watch "The Way" on netflex if your having withdrawal symptoms.
😉
"So calm yourselves" . . . sound advice indeed ;)

Evvie

Camino(s) past & future
September 2019
How many of you saw the announcement of "El Camino" on Netflix and got super-excited, just to find out it was a Breaking Bad movie? :(
Under "El Camino" it says "A Breaking Bad Movie".

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF2012,Le Puy/CF 2015 Portugues 2017 Norte 2018, CF 2019
I for one am ecstatic about a movie that continues Breaking Bad. It was an absolutely one of the finest dramas in the history of television. It is alot more exciting than yet another YouTube video of someone complaining about their blisters or the guy snoring next to them or a video segment of some sheep or cows walking by.

Hurry Krishna

Indian on the Way
Camino(s) past & future
2009 (from Sarria), 2014 from St Jean Pied de Port, 2016 from Porto, 2018 from Le Puy to Santiago.
I guess El Camino just means the journey or something - right? There was once a a fancy car car called El Camino! Still a bit weird for those of us (and there are many of us in this position 😊) for whom El Camino has a rather specific meaning. Never watched Breaking Bad (though I hear it’s fabulous) but wonder why the film was called El Camino. Does anyone know?

Bradypus

Antediluvian
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
Never watched Breaking Bad (though I hear it’s fabulous) but wonder why the film was called El Camino. Does anyone know?
Haven't watched it myself but reviews say that an El Camino car plays a significant part in it.

Colette Z

Happy Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
CF- Finisterre-Muxia 03/17; Camino SK 10/17; Norte 03/18; Ingles 11/18; Augusta 03/19
My sister told me but I was already cautious given I bought the novel El Camino (I think John Grisham) in an airport thinking I’d have a great read on an overseas flight only to find that it was NOT about the Camino. 🙄

Stivandrer

Perambulating & Curious. Rep stravaiging offender
Camino(s) past & future
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
..and if you type El Camino on youtube , you´ll get the Chevrolet pickup from the eighties.....

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
LePuy, Frances, Aragones, Ingles, Vezelay, Toulosana, Muxia, Fisterra, Portugues, Sanabres
There was once a a fancy car car called El Camino!
It was a pickup truck with a low profile. It was named after El Camino Real, the north-south highway/road, Route 101, which historically followed the trail used by Junipero Serra to enslave and Christianize the California natives. The Chevy El Camino was assembled in San Jose/Fremont, California in its facility very near Route 101.

RJM

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
A few times
I do not think of the Camino de Santiago when I hear/see the words "El Camino". I think about the Chevrolet car a good friend of mine had when I was in college. A very dark blue, Chevrolet El Camino. Made in the mid 1970's and had the 350 cu in V8 in it. What a cherry of a ride.

Last edited:

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
The ultimate Pilgrim tease LOL!

FLEUR

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012 - 2016
Voie de Paris / Tours Aulnay to Saintes 2017
Camino del Baztan 2018
Look before you leap!

Ian L

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances summer 2017 (SJPP to Fromista)
Camino Frances summer 2019 (Fromista to Santiago)
The Chevrolet El Camino was a cross between a car and a truck, which was probably why it was such an iconic vehicle in North America.

Spoiler Alert: I haven't watched the El Camino movie yet, but for you Breaking Bad fans, the character Todd can be seen driving a Chevrolet El Camino earlier in the series, this is before Jesse Pinkman escapes in it.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" Camino
but 2019?
I do not think of the Camino de Santiago when I hear/see the words "El Camino". I think about the Chevrolet car a good friend of mine had when I was in college. A very dark blue, Chevrolet El Camino. Mid 1970's and the 350 cu in V8 in it. What a cherry of a ride.
"What a cherry of a ride." - haven't heard that expression in 40 years - thank you for unlocking memories!

Reactions: RJM

zrexer

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2014, 15,16 & 19 Camino Frances
2017 Camino Portuguese
2018 Camino Primitivo
I thought this thread was going to be about how Netflix no longer has the movie, 'The Way' available on their menu...

Gilmore Girl

Camino(s) past & future
In California there are often streets called El Camino. I imagine it is the same in Spanish speaking countries.

bernhugo

When I studied "A" level Spanish,( a long long while ago ) I was told that "El camino" could mean a road ,a path, a journey or a passage through life.

laineylainey

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
started in 2012, hooked ever since.
😉
Why do you need to say "for god's sake"?

laineylainey

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
started in 2012, hooked ever since.
I respect people's right on this forum to state their views, in fact I am often educated by them. Is it possible to leave "god" out if it ,to be a bit more tolerant of others who just have that opinion and also a bit more respectful of those of us who believe God has everything to do with it.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
ricitosdeplata Miscellaneous Topics 15
ffp13 Miscellaneous Topics 37

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 173 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 279 24.4%