• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Disappointment on Netflix

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
How many of you saw the announcement of "El Camino" on Netflix and got super-excited, just to find out it was a Breaking Bad movie? :(

For "gods sake" the world exists outside Camino de Santiago 😯 "shock horror" this was a movie from a brilliant series and I for one knew it was coming for months.
The word Camino is not copyrite for us.
So calm yourselves and watch "The Way" on netflex if your having withdrawal symptoms.
😉

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
For "gods sake" the world exists outside Camino de Santiago 😯 "shock horror" this was a movie from a brilliant series and I for one knew it was coming for months.
So calm yourselves and watch "The Way" on netflex if your having withdrawal symptoms.
😉
"So calm yourselves" . . . sound advice indeed ;)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
How many of you saw the announcement of "El Camino" on Netflix and got super-excited, just to find out it was a Breaking Bad movie? :(
Under "El Camino" it says "A Breaking Bad Movie".

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I for one am ecstatic about a movie that continues Breaking Bad. It was an absolutely one of the finest dramas in the history of television. It is alot more exciting than yet another YouTube video of someone complaining about their blisters or the guy snoring next to them or a video segment of some sheep or cows walking by.

I guess El Camino just means the journey or something - right? There was once a a fancy car car called El Camino! Still a bit weird for those of us (and there are many of us in this position 😊) for whom El Camino has a rather specific meaning. Never watched Breaking Bad (though I hear it’s fabulous) but wonder why the film was called El Camino. Does anyone know?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

My sister told me but I was already cautious given I bought the novel El Camino (I think John Grisham) in an airport thinking I’d have a great read on an overseas flight only to find that it was NOT about the Camino. 🙄

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
..and if you type El Camino on youtube , you´ll get the Chevrolet pickup from the eighties.....

There was once a a fancy car car called El Camino!
It was a pickup truck with a low profile. It was named after El Camino Real, the north-south highway/road, Route 101, which historically followed the trail used by Junipero Serra to enslave and Christianize the California natives. The Chevy El Camino was assembled in San Jose/Fremont, California in its facility very near Route 101.

I do not think of the Camino de Santiago when I hear/see the words "El Camino". I think about the Chevrolet car a good friend of mine had when I was in college. A very dark blue, Chevrolet El Camino. Made in the mid 1970's and had the 350 cu in V8 in it. What a cherry of a ride.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Look before you leap!

€60,-
The Chevrolet El Camino was a cross between a car and a truck, which was probably why it was such an iconic vehicle in North America.

Spoiler Alert: I haven't watched the El Camino movie yet, but for you Breaking Bad fans, the character Todd can be seen driving a Chevrolet El Camino earlier in the series, this is before Jesse Pinkman escapes in it.

I do not think of the Camino de Santiago when I hear/see the words "El Camino". I think about the Chevrolet car a good friend of mine had when I was in college. A very dark blue, Chevrolet El Camino. Mid 1970's and the 350 cu in V8 in it. What a cherry of a ride.
"What a cherry of a ride." - haven't heard that expression in 40 years - thank you for unlocking memories!

I thought this thread was going to be about how Netflix no longer has the movie, 'The Way' available on their menu...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
When I studied "A" level Spanish,( a long long while ago ) I was told that "El camino" could mean a road ,a path, a journey or a passage through life.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
😉
Why do you need to say "for god's sake"?

I respect people's right on this forum to state their views, in fact I am often educated by them. Is it possible to leave "god" out if it ,to be a bit more tolerant of others who just have that opinion and also a bit more respectful of those of us who believe God has everything to do with it.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.