• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Disc golf on Frances route

Pscarmen

My Way is better than any highway!
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago (2019)
Hello fellow Pilgrims!
I am starting my 1st Camino April 1st from SJPdP & plan to go to Muxia-Finisterre.
I want to add in some disc-golf along the way. Anyone have info on courses in Spain? (Even southern France would be great.)🥏
I’ve found some courses but cannot for the life of me figure out where they are in correlation to the Frances route.
Hope to meet you on my journey. And I’ll have a few extra discs if you wanna join me!
Thank you & Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
What is disc-golf, I have never heard of it

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello fellow Pilgrims!
I am starting my 1st Camino April 1st from SJPdP & plan to go to Muxia-Finisterre.
I want to add in some disc-golf along the way. Anyone have info on courses in Spain? (Even southern France would be great.)🥏
I’ve found some courses but cannot for the life of me figure out where they are in correlation to the Frances route.
Hope to meet you on my journey. And I’ll have a few extra discs if you wanna join me!
Thank you & Buen Camino!

Never heard of it but after a quick inernetsearch I see it does exist in Spain. Somewhere in Migas in Andalucia.

Anyway do not underestimate the fact that after a long day of walking , showering, washing your clothes, preparing or buying food for the evening you will not have much energy left to do something else.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Me neither but now I have it sounds rather annoying. Imagine trying for a siesta under that shady chestnut tree and a frisbee comes whizzing past your face . . .
It's not like that 😅 it's a common sports in Finland, and it requiers kind of metal baskets, so you can't do it everywhere. Don't worry!

Hello fellow Pilgrims!
Thank you & Buen Camino!

Think you'll have the energy left ? :rolleyes:

Hello fellow Pilgrims!
Thank you & Buen Camino!
Seems like you may have stumped the panel! It will be a discordant pursuit...but if you are determined, no course is needed. Back in prehistoric days (1970’s), we made up the course as we went from class to class, in college. So, you judge distance and difficulty to some feature ahead and decide what par should be! Simple

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello fellow Pilgrims!
Thank you & Buen Camino!

Holy cow!

After 45 kms into Cuenca in 40+C heat, I can honestly say disc-golf was the last thing on my mind...! :eek:

Thanks for the invitation, but at the end of a stage I wouldn't be able to throw that thing more than 1 meter 😅 so you wouldn't want me on your team!!

Last edited:
Me neither but now I have it sounds rather annoying. Imagine trying for a siesta under that shady chestnut tree and a frisbee comes whizzing past your face . . .

They have actual frisbee golf courses. You wouldn't take a siesta on a golf course then complain about getting hit by a golf ball! Same thing!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello fellow Pilgrims!
Thank you & Buen Camino!
Sorry you've gotten some less than welcoming responses - that's unusual for this forum. I hope you find a way to incorporate disc-golf into your Camino. My guess is if you invited a fellow pilgrim or two to join you after washing up from a long day of walking they would be delighted to learn about the game. Lots of the towns are small enough that you won't have to go far to find open space. Good luck!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I was thinking of it more as a day off the path. But I am a big energy ball & need to keep busy. May be wishful thinking...🤷🏼‍♀️

I was buying a sleeping bag liner in Anaconda yesterday (a camping store in Australia) and saw the frisbees at the checkout. I was very tempted to include one in my Camino kit! I still might.

Of course, I know what disc golf is. But this reminds of a post from a first time pilgrim who wanted to know if anyone wanted to do yoga before walking in the morning.
Take as much time as you want, and enjoy the Camino as much as you want. Do disc golf if that's your thing! - my daughter does Ultimate and it's amazing!!!! For me, I spent an extra day visiting museums in Burgos, some pilgrims took musical instruments!
For me, just getting to where I hoped to be by the end of the day and enjoying the local . . . whatever . . . was as much energy as I felt like expending. The end of the day was my only chance to connect with other pilgrims, often over a well earned bottle of rioja.
Remember that you can only push your physical body so hard, then you need to give it a break. I found that one of the unwritten commandments of the Camino is that it breaks you down before it builds you up again. Have fun. Just be wise. Buen Camino!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Walking 20 kilometers or so everyday on the Camino does not wear everyone out. Especially the younger pilgrims. I often saw younger pilgrims get to the albergue, put up their packs and take off and do other activities. I certainly would not have had trouble doing that every day in my twenties.

Walking 20 kilometers or so everyday on the Camino does not wear everyone out. Especially the younger pilgrims. I often saw younger pilgrims get to the albergue, put up their packs and take off and do other activities. I certainly would not have had trouble doing that every day in my twenties.
I am closer to 60 and have osteoarthritis in both knees. Even so I would find 20km on the short side for a day's walking. As a restless person I would be looking around for ways to spend the rest of my day. Disc golf would probably not be one of them though!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
A lightweight plastic frisbee could do double duty...just turn it upside down and use as a plate for your picnic lunch or snacks, and it will keep sin olives from rolling around, too!
I'm all for multiusage. Divide the underside into 37 slices, use an olive as the ball and voila! Camino Roulette!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Are people so old on here that they think frisbee golf would be physically taxing after a days hiking? Maybe some of us have more energy than others. 😁
That might depend on what "a days hiking" actually means. I sometimes walk a 40km day. If I have done that I am usually happy enough with a shower, some laundry, a meal and a bottle of wine. That is probably all the additional physical effort I want for the day. If you prefer to do your walking in homeopathic doses you might feel more need for extra activities.

I have never heard of disc-golf to be honest, but it sounds like great fun! I'm setting off from SJPdP on the 3rd April, so we may meet well end up meeting somewhere on the camino. I would love to give it a try, you will just have to teach me the rules...Isn't the camino all about new experiences?
I'll keep an eye out for you....

That might depend on what "a days hiking" actually means. I sometimes walk a 40km day. If I have done that I am usually happy enough with a shower, some laundry, a meal and a bottle of wine. That is probably all the additional physical effort I want for the day. If you prefer to do your walking in homeopathic doses you might feel more need for extra activities.
I am an ultra distace cyclist. But at 62 I am sure I could throw a few frisbees around after a 300km day ride. 😊

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I have never heard of disc-golf to be honest, but it sounds like great fun! I'm setting off from SJPdP on the 3rd April, so we may meet well end up meeting somewhere on the camino. I would love to give it a try, you will just have to teach me the rules...Isn't the camino all about new experiences?
I'll keep an eye out for you....
Sounds wonderful. I’ll keep an eye out as well👁. Buen Camino!

If you go a month earlier you could take the Salvador over to Oviedo, take part in this championship and then carry on on the Primitivo.
Now THIS is the type of response I was looking for. This is awesome. Thank you so much. 🙏🏼♥️

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Wait a minute: the Camino doesn't need more plastic. As one of my fellow countrywomen said; "How DARE you?!" 😡

Isn't there any alternative material? 😇
This doesn’t even make sense! Nothing better than a well used disc...♻️

I think your best bet would be to check for associations near the larger cities or towns along the Camino Frances (Pamplona, Logroño, Burgos, Leon, Astorga, Ponferrada, Sarria). I don't recall seeing any courses along the Frances but the larger centres just may have something!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello fellow Pilgrims!
Thank you & Buen Camino!
I'm trying to imagine the difficulty finding enough pilgrims to make a match. I think you'll need to create your own course in situ.

I'm trying to imagine the difficulty finding enough pilgrims to make a match. I think you'll need to create your own course in situ.

Hi Rennie!
I play solo all the time. Just a relaxing sport to me so I can enjoy the outdoors. Many courses (that I’ve been to) are in the woods & it’s a great disconnect.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Hi, First Camino ….and in fact first time on a forum chat! I am going to do a (leisurely!) trail from Porto to Santiago mixing Litoral/Coastal, Central and Spiritual over three weeks ( including 2...
Hello, everyone I am doing the camino de france next spring on a bike. It looks really rocky going down hill from Burguete. Is there a safer rought not going down the rocky path? Should I stay on...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hi! I'm planning my first Camino in June-July 2025. I'm a married father of 3 looking forward to my first solo hiking trip in 25 years. (Maybe when the kids are older, we'll do the Camino as a...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back