• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

distance per day question

fiddletree

So, it seems like people walk different amounts each day, and take differnt amounts of time to walk the camino, which makes sense as people have different paces and different levels of fitness. However, it seems like the distance you walk is perhaps based on where the albergues are? If someone wants to walk further in a day than others, do they need to then walk twice the 'normal' distance to get to the next albergue? or are there albergues at close intervals along the camino?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
If you go to http://www.godesalco.com/plan you will find a planning guide that will show you the distances between villages and what facilities are available in each. You can use it to customize an itinerary. Also, the various printed guides will give you the same information.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
You can always vary the distances to suit yourself though. My distances covered varied quite dramatically from 18km to 40km... All depends, really.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I guess what I am wondering is if the distance walked each day is based on where the albergues are, or if there are enough albergues along the way that you can stop walking whenever you want and have a place to stay

my guess is that while there is some bunching of where people stop for the night (bigger towns, places chosen in guidebooks such as allowing 33 days from SJPP to Santiago) along nearly all of the route you won't have too far to walk for the next albergue

Back