• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation Options Along the Voie d'Arles Between Giscaro and Auch

Risky

Member, Brisbane Australia.
Time of past OR future Camino
Chemin d'Arles / Frances 2023
Frances 2024/2025
Hi Brains Trust,

We are in the planning stage for the Voie d'Arles which we will be walking in May 2023. We are using both Gronze and Miam Miam Dodo (20/21). We have been looking at the various stage distances, and associated accommodation, and generally it looks good.

Other than Giscaro and Auch we can't seem to find much accommodation for the span between. We can see there is accommodation in Gite Le Grange (before Giscaro) and Gimont (after Giscaro) but then limited until Auch.

I think I am going a bit crazy looking at the options and would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks in advance. Regards, Kenton.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
HI @Risky

In 2016 we walked the Arles Way. We stayed at Gite d'etape La Croisee de Saint-Cricq about 5 kms before Auch. We enjoyed our stay very much.

The owners / hosts at that time were the very kind and welcoming Christine and Marco who hosted pilgrims in small dormitories in their rural home.

It's still listed on Gronze. You can send an email.

PS I see from my blog that we only walked about 20 kms that day - and it rained the whole way. The previous 2 nights we stayed firstly at L'isle Jourdain and then at Gite Lamothe outside L'isle Arne - but sadly it looks like Gite Lamothe is no longer operating.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Gite Le Grange is fantastic. We enjoyed one of the best times in this beautiful Gite.
We stopped at L’Isle-Arne between Giscaro and Auch.

Yes @sharon w. Youre right! How could I forget to mention. Gite Le Grange is wonderful. 🥰

When we walked the Arles Way we didn’t stay there overnight but we popped in for a coffee with Aurelie and Andreas. It was fun to swap stories because, like my husband and I, they met on the Camino.

My diary from that time reminds me that they met in 2006 at the gite in Granon on the Frances. Aurelie (from Toulouse) spoke no German. And Andreas (from Hamburg) spoke no French. But, happily, they both spoke English. They walked together for some days and, like Dominique and I, built 'a small friendship', and stayed in touch. Some months later they met up again to walk in the Pyrenees. Their story and ours had many parallels. ❤️

Hope you get to meet them @Risky 🙏

Hi Brains Trust,

We are in the planning stage for the Voie d'Arles which we will be walking in May 2023. We are using both Gronze and Miam Miam Dodo (20/21). We have been looking at the various stage distances, and associated accommodation, and generally it looks good.

Other than Giscaro and Auch we can't seem to find much accommodation for the span between. We can see there is accommodation in Gite Le Grange (before Giscaro) and Gimont (after Giscaro) but then limited until Auch.

I think I am going a bit crazy looking at the options and would appreciate any recommendations.

I live 17 kms from Giscaro and used to work in the area. LE GRANGÉ still operates as a gîte. I am planning to stay in Isle Arné when I start my Camino this March and April.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I plan to hike from L’Isle Jourdain to Gimont on the Chemin de Arles next month (25 km), and will do about 15 to 20 km around this area in March before setting out from AUCH

Last edited:
I plan to hike from L’Isle Jourdain to Gimont on the Che in de Arles next month (25 km), and will do about 15 to 20 km around this area in March before setting out from AUCH
Thanks, I've been looking at various options to manage accommodation and distances between Toulouse and Auch. Cheers.

Thanks, I've been looking at various options to manage accommodation and distances between Toulouse and Auch. Cheers.
You might want to look at the Miam Miam Dodo guide. I was perusing it this evening and with the application Buen Camino, Gronze, you might have all you need except the hike itself. Personally, can’t wait to get on the camino.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You might want to look at the Miam Miam Dodo guide. I was perusing it this evening and with the application Buen Camino, Gronze, you might have all you need except the hike itself. Personally, can’t wait to get on the camino.
Hi Firedragon, I am using the Miam Miam Dodo and Gronze resources. The Buen Camino app says that the Arles guide is pending production, does it have information for Voie d'Arles? Thanks.

@Risky, please double-check your Buen Camino (BC) app... I was just able to download the Arles Route. Yay! I didn't know this was a resource. Super.
Hi Firedragon, I am using the Miam Miam Dodo and Gronze resources. The Buen Camino app says that the Arles guide is pending production, does it have information for Voie d'Arles? Thanks.
I've just double checked the areas between Giscaro and Auch and BC lists several options in Gimont and one in Montegut. I've cross-checked Gronze, as well, and I think you should be able to find something. Gronze definitely has more options to choose from vs. BC (although most are chambres and much higher in price).

@Risky, please double-check your Buen Camino (BC) app... I was just able to download the Arles Route. Yay! I didn't know this was a resource. Super.

I've just double checked the areas between Giscaro and Auch and BC lists several options in Gimont and one in Montegut. I've cross-checked Gronze, as well, and I think you should be able to find something. Gronze definitely has more options to choose from vs. BC (although most are chambres and much higher in price).
I have relooked at the BC app and downloaded the Arles route. Not sure why I had the previous message of pending production but it works well. Thanks.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Everyone,

I have tried to cross reference all the various information and think I have sorted it for now. We aren't really worried about it, by the time you get there these things seem to resolve themselves with talking to Pilgrims, Hospitaleros and Locals.

Interesting that both BC and Gronze have a stage finishing at L'Isle-Arne, a village without accommodation. I have attached a copy of the stages from my ideas and Buen Camino.

Hopefully this makes sense, if not let me know and any further ideas appreciated.
Cheers, Kenton.

My idea for stages
My Stages Toulouse to Auch.jpg

Buen Camino
Toulouse to Auch Stages - Buen Camino.jpg

it sure does have info on voie d’Arles. When are you coming this way?

it sure does have info on voie d’Arles. When are you coming this way?
Hi, we are walking the Rhone way from Geneva in April and expect to be on the Voie d'Arles in the 1st week of May 2023. We're getting a bit excited 😊

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Anyone walking from L’Isle Jourdain to Gimont should be aware that the government is building a 4 lane highway to replace the two lane national road. This may mean that the Chemin d’Arles may slightly be modified. I will be walking that part soon and I will let you know.

Hi Brains Trust,

Haha. I know. We walked in 2018 and are starting again in 4 days. We are Australian. Last trip we caught the train from Gimont to Auch. Stayed in L’Isle de Noe then to Christaud - a donativo Gîte run by lovely woman Joanna. Gîte de la Barranque. Think she has gone now. Now working on this stretch. It is tricky. Don’t want to stay L’Isle de Nòe this time. Gîte in L’Isle Jordan - great the tourist ofice next door. Good kitchen

Haha. I know. We walked in 2018 and are starting again in 4 days. We are Australian. Last trip we caught the train from Gimont to Auch. Stayed in L’Isle de Noe then to Christaud - a donativo Gîte run by lovely woman Joanna. Gîte de la Barranque. Think she has gone now. Now working on this stretch. It is tricky. Don’t want to stay L’Isle de Nòe this time. Gîte in L’Isle Jordan - great the tourist ofice next door. Good kitchen
I will be walking from L’Isle Jourdain to Gimont on Monday, then on Tuesday, Gimont to Montegut. My concern is the impact of road construction between L’Isle Jourdain to Gimont On the Chemin,

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes @sharon w. Youre right! How could I forget to mention. Gite Le Grange is wonderful. 🥰

When we walked the Arles Way we didn’t stay there overnight but we popped in for a coffee with Aurelie and Andreas. It was fun to swap stories because, like my husband and I, they met on the Camino.

My diary from that time reminds me that they met in 2006 at the gite in Granon on the Frances. Aurelie (from Toulouse) spoke no German. And Andreas (from Hamburg) spoke no French. But, happily, they both spoke English. They walked together for some days and, like Dominique and I, built 'a small friendship', and stayed in touch. Some months later they met up again to walk in the Pyrenees. Their story and ours had many parallels. ❤️

Hope you get to meet them @Risky 🙏
Yes. Their story is beautiful as yours must be. They have made their Gite into a truly wonderful Chemin experience.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

This is a general question for my curiosity. It probably should be posted in “Equipment etc” but would probably get a lot of Spain replies. I’m not bringing my emergency beacon but I did read on...
Greetings pilgrims, We are walking next September from Lourdes to Somport and would like to hear stories and adv ice about the section from Urdos to Somport, with the big incline. Is this route...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back