• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Do I need another compostela?

Steeltown Pilgrim

Time of past OR future Camino
Tunnel Le Puy Via De Plata Ingles Primitivo Norte Frances Portuguese Fisterra Muxia hospitalero
I have 5 compostelas somewhere in my house-I am not sure
where, but they are here. I have never displayed one, nor have I
ever even shown one to a friend or acquaintance.
Are they meaningless to me?--no, not at all. I was bursting with
pride after completing every inch of the Camino Frances in 2012
and equally proud to have claimed my compostela at that time.
But that was last year and things have changed . This year, I
was fairly indifferent about picking up my compostela after
walking El Norte. Eventually I did, but the process felt a little
awkward.
I am currently working on my Camino plans for 2014, which
may include either Via de Plata, or a combination of Arragones,
Frances, Salvador and Primtivo. I look forward to meeting fellow
pilgrims, reveling in the solitude, standing in awe of history and
architecture, listening to the sweet silence and seeking spiritual
enlightenment and tranquility. I am confident I will discover all
of this and much more.
For me, that discovery will be enough, for someone else,
maybe not, and that's ok. We all must make our own decisions
and follow our own paths. Mine will no longer include the Pilgim
office in Santiago-it just don't need to.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Same here. I have 4 compostela in a tube somewhere in the house. I am currently planning another Camino either for 2014 or 2015 but not ending in SdC (sorry Jimmy, not going to see you next time). For me, it not just the pilgrim office. SdC has become the most visited city in Europe for me in the last decade, and maybe getting to me....

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have 7 and no longer interested . I walk straight in and out of Santiago , and head for finnestere . My 2014 plans . Porto to Santiago April, leading a group of 6 , so no choice but to stay a few hours in Santiago, start Norte in irun and walk for 35 days May, sept still planing.

€149,-
For me it's not about having another certificate: it is a closing ritual, just like attending the pilgrim's mass. It's abrupt enough the finishing of a Camino in itself so all these symbolic acts help me to understand that it has finished.

For me it's not about having another certificate: it is a closing ritual, just like attending the pilgrim's mass. It's abrupt enough the finishing of a Camino in itself so all these symbolic acts help me to understand that it has finished.

I think that this is true for me too although I have done two Caminos without ending in Santiago and that was also fine.

In a few weeks I will enter Santiago for the second time this year. Although it will only be a mini-camino this time around and I already have 2 Compostelas, there is something special about receiving it on December 31st. I look forward to closing off 2013 and starting 2014 in Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back