• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Do not burn clothing in Fisterra!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
And be careful with the cigarette butts and matches! Don't just leave them around when you've had your nico top-up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps its time to remind arsonegrinos that the ancient Galician tradition of burning pilgrims at the light-house has only been suppressed in recent decades by the vigorous intervention of the Tourist Board....

I would love to meet the person who first started the sock-burning "tradition"; if only to shake them warmly by the throat.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Our training sessions in Canada always include referring to the Galician authorities' request not to burn our boots etc at Finesterre. We picture for them the mountains of rubber & synthetic footwear melting into a non-biodegradable Everest and ask them not to contribute to this phenomenon. The bushfire aspect will be an additional horror to lay before them. Generally speaking, I find that the most recent pilgrimage traditions are the ones most strongly and fervently observed. Still, I am pleased that people no longer wash their private parts at Lavacolla.

Perhaps its time to remind arsonegrinos that the ancient Galician tradition of burning pilgrims at the light-house has only been suppressed in recent decades by the vigorous intervention of the Tourist Board....

I would love to meet the person who first started the sock-burning "tradition"; if only to shake them warmly by the throat.

That’s a b****y funny post ... still doing a Muttley ....

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Pardon me for chiming in.

I saw a good bunch of Youtube footage of pilgrims burning their clothes at the end of the leg to the sea and have been scratching my head ever since. Bush fire aside, the burning tradition should better stop. These days, most clothing on pilgrims is in synthetic materials for apparent benefits. The burn only results a slump of petroleum based gum-like, charred blot in the environment.

Not exactly the kind of legacy a trip for self atonement and spiritual journey should leave.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back