• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Do u know a Peter(pilgrim) from Holland (45-55 y.o? Random question, sorry.

Sore Neculai

Time of past OR future Camino
17. 04. (2015 )
I met him in Ribadeo 5-6 days ago at the tourist information office. We shared a taxi to the Playa de las cátedrales ( awesome place) because we both wanted to see it and it was a good deal.

He was sooooo nice and charming/interesting ( I don't get to see this trait of personality very often these days).

Long story short(shorter) : after finishing the visit at that beach I had to take a train into the opposite direction ( because I had to stop walking because of an injury and I'm just a tourist right nowl) and his taxi picked him up to return to ribadeo so didn't had time or though to change contacts.... And i'm socially awkward especially when saying goodbye to a person.

Afterwards I was like: "damn it he was such an interesting person!". I would so like to be able to contact him in some way because he managed to leave a trail of his interesting personality in my mind... And I loooove to tell people what I think about them (unfortunately even when I don't like them ;) )

What I know about him:

1. Is from Holland
2. Did the Camino del Norte and primitivo... I think also Frances. Right now is doing again del Norte
3. Worked last year I June as a volunteer at the albergue in Roncesvalles and also at the alberque in Güemes.
4. He looks a bit Asian ( maybe I'm imagining this), very tanned, dark hair with a lot of gray hair on both sides, normally built.
5. I guess he is now maximum 100 km after ribadeo ( if u are on the Camino maybe u meet him)

I just wanted to ask this here because you are a big community and I would regret not trying enough to get to see of I can find him to contact him

If nobody knows him it's OK. Just wanted to be sure that I tried asking for him

Thank u

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I met him in Ribadeo 5-6 days ago at the tourist information office. We shared a taxi to the Playa de las cátedrales ( awesome place) because we both wanted to see it and it was a good deal.

He was sooooo nice and charming/interesting ( I don't get to see this trait of personality very often these days).

Long story short(shorter) : after finishing the visit at that beach I had to take a train into the opposite direction ( because I had to stop walking because of an injury and I'm just a tourist right nowl) and his taxi picked him up to return to ribadeo so didn't had time or though to change contacts.... And i'm socially awkward especially when saying goodbye to a person.

Afterwards I was like: "damn it he was such an interesting person!". I would so like to be able to contact him in some way because he managed to leave a trail of his interesting personality in my mind... And I loooove to tell people what I think about them (unfortunately even when I don't like them ;) )

What I know about him:

1. Is from Holland
2. Did the Camino del Norte and primitivo... I think also Frances. Right now is doing again del Norte
3. Worked last year I June as a volunteer at the albergue in Roncesvalles and also at the alberque in Güemes.
4. He looks a bit Asian ( maybe I'm imagining this), very tanned, dark hair with a lot of gray hair on both sides, normally built.
5. I guess he is now maximum 100 km after ribadeo ( if u are on the Camino maybe u meet him)

I just wanted to ask this here because you are a big community and I would regret not trying enough to get to see of I can find him to contact him

If nobody knows him it's OK. Just wanted to be sure that I tried asking for him

Thank u
I'm from Holland to but I am not the Peter you looking for. :D:D
When he was a volunteer in Roncesvalles they know him at the Dutch assocation of St.James. I will get in touch with them and ask about the Peter you looking for. It will be a private thing,so i'm not sure they will give me something to get in touch with him.
Wish you well, Peter.

Hehe. Already asked at the alberque I'm Roncesvalles and they couldn't offer me this information. I totally get it because it's a confidential information and they can't know for sure my intention.

Anyways, thanks for offering to help

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm sure there's a movie about this, Sliding doors.... :) i soooo hope you can find him again. I'm not sure where that part of Camino is but I start walking from Astorga in two days and will now be curious for any Peter's along the way.

Most read last week in this forum

I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back